The Applications Analyst will work with business and technical team members to understand, articulate and document business requirements, user stories and wireframes used to develop and modify reporting dashboards and products. This role will collaborate with Brand Store Operations/Finance Business Partners and various Center and MGT Teams to deliver innovative reporting solutions.
The Applications Analyst will be a highly motivated, responsible, results-oriented individual with a desire for detail and providing valuable capabilities to our business partners. This person will be a creative thinker who consistently reaches for new technical and process solutions.
The role will be accountable for designing MicroStrategy and Custom Web products.
· Liaison to brand and technical teams; foster communication and strong relationships.
· Work with BPMO to capture, document, pre-qualify, and qualify requests for technology support.
· Ensure that business opportunity, desired outcome and benefits case are validated before work proceeds.
· Understand, document and communicate current and future state business process, enabling technology, information flows, and integration points.
· Gather, document, and validate business requirements at time of request and during delivery as required.
· Objectively categorize requirements and requests (e.g. criticality, materiality, ROI, etc.).
· Evaluate technical and business process options for economic viability, technical feasibility, and usability.
· Articulate in business terms the trade-offs associated with technical options.
· Identify innovation opportunities (e.g. more effectively leveraging existing tools, process innovations, etc.).
· Increase the knowledge base of the team by sharing relevant information gained during assignments
· Identify and resolve communication breakdowns regarding business requirements.
· Responsible for the analysis and supporting of data/systems, researching alternatives, identifying potential solutions, defining test criteria, performing system tests, implementing changes, and monitoring post implementation performance.
· Advocates and advises optimal solution design across projects according to best practice.
· Lead QA/UAT for requests generated by functional area of responsibility.
· Accountable for strategic projects; including but not limited to, the new development of reporting objects, dashboard and mobile initiatives in both historical and intraday reporting views.
· Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves or manages problem to resolution ensuring application fully satisfies customers in terms of data integrity, application expectations and other factors according to customer requirements.
· An accountable, curious, engaged and open-minded problem solver; listens carefully and seek to understand.
· Ability to compile large amounts of information into a fact-based, compelling and concise situation assessment including current state business process, opportunities and options for enabling technology.
· Desire to learn end-to-end business process and apply technical knowledge to business situations.
· Proficiency with analytical and documentation tools is desirable (e.g. Excel, Visio, Word, etc.).
· Facilitation experience (e.g. requirement gathering workshops, structured meetings, etc.).
· Comfortable presenting ideas and asking questions in a large audience setting and with senior leaders.
· Willingness to take informed risks, fail, learn from mistakes, and quickly course correct in a professional manner.
· Ability to receive and respond to feedback.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Comfortable managing evolving business needs. Ability to be agile and shift focus as required
· 4-year degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
· 3+ years of Business Analysis experience, preferably in a retail environment.
· 3+ years of experience supporting application delivery.
· 1+ years working in an Agile environment.
· Strong functional and technical understanding of MicroStrategy tools and concepts is desired.
· Strong understanding of retail technology and supporting business processes.
· Strong analytical creative problem-solving capabilities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels of the organization and geographically distributed teams including offshore.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team player; leading, thinking outside the box, encouraging group consensus and recommending the best solution.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, and client partnership capability.
· Proven critical and strategic thinker; ability to understand all available information, synthesize, and communicate a proposed solution clearly and concisely.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and perform at high standards with limited supervision.
· Knowledge of project management, organization of project scopes and materials a plus.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.