The Payroll Compliance Associate Analyst is responsible for overseeing electronic I-9 and employment form compliance and interfacing with E-Verify to meet all federal regulatory requirements. They collaborate with multiple cross-functional partners, including Store Hiring Managers, Legal, Brand HR, HR Direct and Government Agencies. Additional responsibilities may include: escalated case research and decisioning, SSN and documentation reconciliation and validation, minimum wage analysis and validation, and additional payroll operations support, as well as ad-hoc compliance related activities and issue remediation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Determining eligibility of I-9 documents for new hires, based on research of criteria from the federal government and through engagement of internal and outside legal counsel.
· Identify irregularities against federal employment labor laws and recommend the appropriate resolution in partnership with legal counsel
· Conduct audits for irregularities for current and expiring work authorization and determine the appropriate course of action to ensure compliance
· Execute all Legal requests by determining appropriate data elements for collection, collecting and analyzing requested documentation and partnering with Legal to articulate an accurate response
· Operate within E-verify to input, extract and maintain data integrity and accurately assess resolution of cases
· Perform validation to ensure all new hires have completed required employment documentation; determine and execute appropriate follow-up to ensure forms are completed timely and accurately
· Provide ongoing compliance reporting to multiple cross-functional partners to assist in influencing and driving compliance (Legal, Compensation, Employment Compliance, Payroll Leadership, and Brand Partners)
· Support testing and technical releases for third-party systems utilized for compliance; identify, escalate and propose resolutions for any issues noted
· Provide exceptional customer service and follow through on all issues received in a timely and accurate manner including the research and analysis of customer inquiries.
· Leverage labor law research and compliance reporting to make informed recommendations and influence peer to peer decisioning
· Assist cross-functional partners with the identification of valuable and valid data elements for compliance report outputs, analyze the related outputs and communicate the output results effectively
· Proactively identify and propose departmental process improvements to drive efficiencies, including procedural documentation updates in a controlled environment
· Support and actively participate in departmental initiatives
· Strong knowledge and application of Labor laws for United States, Puerto Rico and Canada
· High attention to detail coupled with executing for results with an analytical and curious mindset
· Ability to execute for results in a thorough, composed, accurate and timely fashion while managing multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to make recommendations based on analysis and take lead on implementing changes
· Effectively communicate with multiple customer groups and multiple levels of associates, including ability to navigate difficult conversations with a high degree of professionalism
· Ability to navigate multiple systems and software programs
· Conducts all work in an ethical, honest, professional and confidential manner
· Self-motivated, self-starting and a curious, creative thinker
· Continual focus on process and self-improvement
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR or comparative degree, required
· Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in payroll processing, finance, HR or other related experience
· Previous experience with Oracle HCM or Kronos beneficial
· Strong PC skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Note: May perform other duties as assigned
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.