The Payroll Associate Analyst within L Brands is responsible for execution of payroll processes within the HCM/Oracle Cloud payroll system, data integrity in Kronos Workforce Dimensions, providing assistance to the Payroll Auditors and leadership team and administration of garnishments. Key projects and responsibilities may include activities such as: processing pay for terminated associates in immediate pay states, escalated case research and decisioning, calculation of pay that is compliant with laws, SOX and operational control audits, etc. The Payroll Associate Analyst will provide technical and analytical support to these routine processes as well as ad-hoc payroll activities and issue remediation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Calculate and issue payments for terminated associates in immediate pay states to remain legally compliant.
· Collaborate with Payroll Operations team, internal partners and external partners to deliver timely pay for L Brands’ associates in compliance with Department of Labor laws for on cycle and off cycle payments.
· Execute accounting principles in compliance with internal SOX, Anti-Corruption and Operational Controls for (1) payment accuracy (2) audit for completion and (3) approval through the delegations of authority.
· Consider key accounting principles in accordance with daily work such as: case research and decisioning, execution of payments, payment research and reconciliations, and US and International payroll compliance.
· Obtain and apply a working knowledge of state and federal labor, tax and garnishment laws.
· Obtain a thorough understanding of L Brands’ payroll and benefit polices.
· Identify irregularities and variances against audit and controls criterion, identify patterns and collaborate on a solution.
· Analyze, research, and decision escalated cases assigned from HR Direct for all payroll related issues.
· Analyze and resolve payroll system error messages related to on and off cycle payroll processing.
· Operate within HCM/Oracle Cloud and Kronos Workforce Dimensions to input, extract and maintain data integrity.
· Support testing for releases and new implementations of payroll related systems (i.e. HCM and Kronos Workforce Dimensions)
· Meet or exceed key performance indicators within standard operating timeframes and escalate any risk to meeting deadlines.
· Collaborate with functional partners to provide input on new processes or build efficiencies into existing processes.
· Provide exceptional customer service by conducting timely research and analysis on all customer inquiries (i.e. Legal and Audit).
· Identify areas of opportunity and recommend solutions for achieving optimal efficiency in a controlled environment.
· Define, communicate and ensure adherence to departmental standards and controls.
· Process garnishment requests and validate calculations to ensure processed accurately in compliance with Law.
· Offer support to others as needed for routine work, ad-hoc requests, projects and other departmental initiatives
· Strong knowledge and application of Payroll laws for United States, Puerto Rico and Canada
· High attention to detail, executes for results, analytical and curious mindset
· Ability to make recommendations based on analysis and take lead on implementing changes
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to professionally engage in conversations that may be adversarial in nature
· Ability to execute tasks thoroughly, accurately and timely
· Effectively manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment across variance systems
· Conducts all work in an ethical, honest, professional and confidential manner
· Self-motivated, self-starting and a creative thinker
· Demonstrates initiative and drive to achieve results and goals
· Works well in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently
· Continuous improvement / process improvement focus
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or comparative degree required
· Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in payroll processing, accounting, accounts payable or finance required
· Strong PC skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word and PowerPoint.
· Previous experience with Oracle HCM or Kronos Workforce Dimensions is preferred
· Previous experience in a customer service center environment is a plus
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.