The Asset Protection Officer is an individual contributor position with the Campus Asset Protection team, responsible for supporting the protection of our enterprise assets, which include: people, product and property. Our mission is to become the leading Asset Protection department whose capabilities, knowledge of our business and understanding of our customer allows us to ensure associate safety and respond to crisis situations. The Asset Protection Officer supports campus protection and safety through four core campus posts, including: Campus Gates, Lobby Desks, Interior and Exterior Campus Roves. This individual must deliver excellent customer service, while maintaining ongoing action readiness for incidents related to life safety and enterprise shrink. This individual must also maintain accurate reporting on incidents which arise on campus and may participate in campus investigations.
· Ensure associates, vendors and visitors follow safety and security related policies and procedures on campus.
· Deliver excellent customer service to all associates by greeting, engaging and assisting associates, vendors and visitors at lobby and entrance gates.
· Conduct roves in his/her assigned area to detect and appropriately respond to safety and/or security issues. These roves are performed on foot and/or motor vehicle, as assigned.
· Control access into the building by verifying credentials and assigning visitor access as required.
· Monitor and maintain the compliance with C-TPAT, Foreign Trade Zones, OSHA, EPA and state & local regulations pertaining to safety, fire safety and environmental protection.
· React and respond urgently, as first and supporting responders, to campus safety and medical incidents.
· Identify and assess safety related incidents which may include but are not limited to: First Aid, Life Safety and Internal Theft.
· Accurately write and submit necessary reporting and follow up on campus safety and security incidents.
· Retain and implement knowledge of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or unexpected obstacles
· Conduct surveillance of buildings and grounds through closed circuit television (CCTV) and other electronic systems.
· Validate and document all outgoing trucks
· Maintain thorough knowledge and preparedness to use facility safety equipment (to include areas such as: Fire Suppression Systems, Surveillance equipment, etc.).
· Maintain detailed and current knowledge of the campus (Logistics operations, campus layout, and key business partners).
· Assist in completion of campus inspections and investigations.
· Build productive business relationships while demonstrating a thorough understanding of each function
· Participate in Asset Protection programs, project meetings and committees as directed by leadership.
· Communicate with business partners, external partners and local law enforcement/emergency responders
· Must hold a valid driver’s license
· 1 to 3 years of customer service experience required in retail, food service or other customer facing industries, safety/security experience preferred
· Ability to respond with composure in high pressure situations
· Strong decision-making capability
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact with individuals from all levels within the organization
· Basic computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, and web-based programs
· Ability to multi-task and be flexible
· Weekend and holiday availability
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Physical ability to complete and perform First Aid, CPR and AED certification – annual certification provided.
· Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 25 lbs.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (up to 2 hours)
· Ability to climb a standard ladder up to 15 feet
· Ability to climb stairs (2 or more flights at one time) at a casual, brisk or rapid pace
· Ability to walk continuously for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
· Ability to walk over uneven terrain
· Ability lift or drag up to 105 lbs. up to 50 feet
· Ability to work outdoors for up to 4 hours a day; including inclement weather
· Ability to operate a motor vehicle during the daylight and nighttime hours/visibility
REPORTS TO: Typically reports to AP Supervisor
**Any offer of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment drug test.**
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.