The Asset Protection Investigator is responsible for preventing and improving shrink in a single unit or across multiple stores by conducting thorough external investigations and supporting internal awareness programs. The Asset Protection Investigator is responsible for performing all responsibilities in a safe manner consistent with company values and policies and applicable federal and state laws. This role typically reports to a Regional or Area Asset Protection Manager.
· Identify and apprehend shoplifters in strict accordance with L Brand’s Shoplifting Apprehension Policies and Procedures
· Assist and participate in external investigations as directed by supervisor/case building
· Ensure proper preparation, maintenance and retention of all reports, evidence, files and records in accordance with company guidelines and local jurisdiction
· Review data reporting to identify external patterns
· Testify in criminal proceedings when required
· Prepare and submit cases per company guidelines
· Participate in the inventory process as directed by supervisor to support minimizing inventory losses and achievement of shrinkage goals
· Work with store management on addressing asset protection issues
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with members of the store management team, local officials and agencies; work to develop relationships with other asset protection industry investigators
· As directed by supervisor, support Internal Investigations
· Complete all special projects as assigned by supervisor
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays Qualifications
Required skills and experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Two to three years of asset protection investigative experience preferred.
· Effective communications skills, written and verbal.
· Effective organization and follow up skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Bilingual fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
· Travel may be required.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.