JOB TITLE: Accountant, Procure to Pay – Logistics
REPORTS TO: Sr. Accountant , Freight Accounting
Individual contributor responsible for moderately complex activities relating to the maintenance of multiple applications which interface into our Finance application (SAP). This individual will be completing month end processes for complete and accurate general ledger balances, and the resulting managerial reports and financial statements. Responsible for all aspects of accounting in a specific area; including monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statement review. Reports to Sr. Accountant of Domestic Freight, with no direct reports.
· Complete detect controls to ensure accurate expense reporting.
· Reconcile numerous partner accounts including some with foreign currencies.
· Responsible for preparation of key Black Line Accounts.
· Key partner in Road Mapping future state of Delivery Agent Freight Claims.
· Assist in month-end and year-end closing activities including Customer reporting.
· Participate in TMS project for replacement of legacy platforms / applications
· Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years related accounting experience a plus
· SAP Experience is a plus
· May have advanced degree / CPA
· Excel proficiency required, in addition to functional knowledge of other Microsoft products.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.