Valentino Retail Artist Selfridges Birmingham (30 hours per week) (Fixed Term)
This year Valentino Beauty has launched its first makeup collection, to sit alongside the already established fragrance lines and new icon Voce Viva that was launched in 2020. The collection combine the foundations of a luxurious and iconic brand built on superior product quality and customer experience, with the colourful & cool sense of creativity, individuality and freedom to explore and express oneself that Valentino embodies.
As a Retail artist for Valentino you’re passionate about our luxury products, creative in your techniques applying them and love continuing this brand journey online with your beautiful digital content, driving awareness and engagement in and out of store,
While a qualification in make-up artistry/previous retail make up experience is preferred, we welcome applicants with amateur level experience who are able to demonstrate a high level of creative and technical expertise, someonewho is truly excited to be introducing customers, clients and VIP’s to our brand new Valentino Beauty.
You’re passionate about exceptional service and luxury beauty which you use to inspire and educate our clients daily on counter. Being a true brand ambassador, you’re confident in presenting and sharing your make-up and product knowledge with customers, creating their desired looks. You’re approachable, friendly and thrive working in a team to create a positive working environment with your colleagues and for your clients on counter.
You’ll have the opportunity to attend Valentino Beauty training and education as well as benefit from L’Oréal learning opportunities so you can development yourself within your role, opening up career paths such as becoming a Senior Artist, National MUA, Counter Manager and even a Business or Area Manager in the future.
To provide exceptional service to Valentino Beauty customers and achieving sales target
To be successful…
· Ability to work flexibility during retail hours, which is likely to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Strive to achieve and exceed personal sales goals including company specific kpi’s and monetary targets.
· Demonstrate a passion and flair for trend and make-up artistry
· Demonstrate immaculate grooming standards always, reflecting your makeup look and in accordance with the Valentino grooming guidelines
· Consistently creating exceptional customer service and a memorable customer experience
· Create brand awareness through the sharing and demonstration of strong product knowledge and Pro make up tip
· Working as part of a team to achieve and exceed team and counter targets
· Be proactive in booking appointments and maximizing every consultation
· Maintain a clear and hygienic work area and adhere to hygiene rules
· Have a desire to learn fundamental product knowledge (features, benefits, usage) and application techniques to provide best results for clients.
· Generate sales to achieve sales target by applying brand selling method, product knowledge and able to follow service flow.
· Are comfortable to customer recruitment at all times, to share Valentino Beauty with more people.
· Ability to use POS software and other digital systems required to successfully run the counter.
· Maintain the counter/store quality and merchandising including appearance and cleanliness of counter/store, follow merchandising guidelines and ensure on shelf product availability.
· Develop positive relationships with department store floor managers and line manager.
· Be a brand ambassador with your attitude, eventing and on-brand grooming.
· Convey passion and master story telling.
•Experience of working on a beauty counter desirable
•Excellent communication skills
•Experience working in a sales and customer facing role
Working with us, you will be at the heart of our ambition to win over another 1 billion consumers and offer the best in beauty to everyone on the planet. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills through our unique training and development programmes, as well as receiving a competitive salary package and excellent benefits, including amazing discounts across the L’Oréal portfolio.
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.