Do you like creating unique consumer products and experiences that harness the power of scents and fine fragrance?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Development is responsible for working closely with our over 35 brands to adapt and innovate formulations into new and exciting products based on consumer and marketing insights. In Open Development, our scientists work closely with external manufacturers to develop and refine formulas to meet the needs and expectations of our consumers. Development of great products requires building strong, international collaborations across different functions to ensure that products are seen from inception to officialization for our local and global launch deadlines.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Evaluator in Fragrance Development to join our Development department, located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. This position is responsible for the formulation and innovation of products within the body hygiene and fine fragrance categories. Under minimal supervision, this role coordinates development and open-development projects to ensure established, category-specific launch commitments are met in line with brand strategies.
· Complete development and open-development projects from inception to completion while adhering to set objectives and standards, under minimal supervision
· Develop and refine fragranced product formulas independently, including following up on product stability and resolving issues that arise
· Maintain an understanding of the relationship between formulation and product development.
· Have extensive inter-departmental/inter-divisional company interactions and relationships to meet the needs of a product launch (e.g. Marketing, Development)
· Work closely with contract and third-party manufacturers to coordinate the development of vendor formulas for launch
· Balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
· Identify raw materials and technologies suitable for product development.
· Work with raw material vendors and internal raw materials departments to identify appropriate solutions for formulations
· Collaborate in a team-oriented international environment
· Use creative and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing.
· Optimizes processes and formulation to address formulation, performance, or scale-up concerns.
· Closely monitor and utilize marketing and consumer trends in fragrance product development
· Maintain close awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technologies, processing methodologies
· Oversee and maintain a safe and orderly laboratory environment
You Have . . .
· A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science is required. Master's preferred.
· 1-3 years of progressive scientific work experience is required. Experience in cosmetics or consumer product formulation with an emphasis on fragrance is a plus
You Are . .
· Someone who keeps up with the latest in scientific and technical discoveries for consumer product categories
· Someone who values innovation in product development and industrial processes
· A great communicator to expert and non-expert audiences (oral, written, presentations)
· Someone who problem solves using creative, innovative solutions
· Someone who manages multiple projects with ease
· Skilled in navigating applicable IT and Research and Innovation laboratory systems
· Eligible to work in the United States on permanent, ongoing basis, without legal sponsorship now or in the future. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please emailUSApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.