Trafford Park, Manchester
The world leader in beauty, L'Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world's most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
What are key highlights of this role?
Our people are at the heart of our organisation. To enable their success and create a compelling employee experience we aim to build simple, clear and easy to use day to day operational HR and Payroll processes delivering them with consistent levels of excellent customer service.
The role will report to the Payroll Manager and be part of the HR Operations team.
What are the key duties of this role?
• Time & Attendence (T&A) Records: Utilises reports and interfaces from the Beauty Advisor T&A system (Tamigo). Ensure Northgate payroll system is accurately and promptly updated with correct hours worked, absence and overtime codes. Checks work, correcting anomalies and identifies route causes and action plans to ensure mistakes do not re-occur.
• Commission Payments: Utilising Tamigo reports, ensure commission submissions are accurately uploaded to finance systems and updated into Northgate. Investigate anomalies with the Payroll Manager & Officer and where required make any corrective action necessary.
• Head Office & Field Payroll: Liaises with HRIS Specialist and AskHR team to ensure all monthly changes are interfaced from Saphir to Northagate. Ensure Northgate is accurately updated and calculates pay correctly.
• Starters: Ensure all starters are processed in a timely manner making sure the Northgate system is updated with full starter details to ensure each individuals first month's salaries are processed correctly. Liaises with relevant HR and Business area to ensure all data required is available and correct.
• Leavers: Accurately process leaver requests, and ensure all systems are up to date. Produce accurate and timely p45s and ensure these are supplied to leavers.
• Court Orders: Ensure that all Court orders are applied to the relevant pay period and deductions, and payments are made according to the order.
• Reconciliation: Reconcile all statutory and third party payments.
• Manual Calculation: Conducts standard and complex manual calculations where required (e.g. Holiday pay, Sickness, Overtime)
• Compliance: Ensure all L'Oreal group ‘norms' and audit requirements are adhered to. Checks own work and reviews that of other Payroll Coordinators for accuracy. Identifies areas for improvement and recommends appropriate training and coaching where required.
• Identifies areas for improvement and recommends appropriate training and coaching where required.
• Customers: Provide an excellent level of customer service to all employees. Resolve specific pay queries, and provide standard information and share payroll expertise with employees.
• Continuous Improvement: Identify areas of potential greater efficiency including maximising the use of current systems / automating tasks, risks of process failure and general opportunities for process improvement. Focus on reducing Payroll error frequency and giving customer experience enhancement.
• The job requires much data transfer from csv files, into the Payroll system and manipulating data so that it can be moved from Tamigo and into Payroll, accurately and efficiently
What key skills are L'Oréal looking for?
• Knowledge of UK & Ireland (including Jersey and Isle of Man) Payroll statutory regulations and can demonstrate practical application and implementation of these
• Excellent Excel skills, with working knowledge of v-lookup
• Previous experience of transactional Payroll excellence, ideally in a retail or high volume environment.
• Focus on attention to detail and accuracy combined with the ability to prioritize work to achieve business and time critical tasks
• Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity.
• Effective planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required.
• Ability to calculate complex payroll calculations manually
• Strong customer service philosophy. Able to communicate clearly and build relationships across different levels in the organisation
• Curious and innovative, interested in constantly improving processes and the employee experience
• Able to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly.
• Is risk aware and builds contingency into plans.
• Previous experience of using SAP, Northgate HR Resourcelink or other HR / Payroll systems advantageous.
Manages Complexity; Achieves results with integrity; Acts with human sensitivity; Interacts effectively; Innovates.
Potential next steps following this role
L'Oréal is focused on talent development. You will be supported throughout your career by your colleagues, line manager and the HR team with regular reviews and clear expectations and objectives. If you meet these objectives, you can expect your career to progress to other roles either internationally, at head office or at one of our distribution centres.
What could L'Oréal offer me?
• World class learning and development opportunities.
• Excellent benefits including pension, profit share, product discounts and a competitive salary.
• Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
• The opportunity to be empowered and to lead the change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
How do I apply?
To apply for a role with us please visit our careers page at https://loa.avature.net/careers/