TITLE: Junior HR Associate, Talent Acquisition (12 month assignment)
DIVISION: Talent Acquisition
LOCATION: New York, NY
HOURS: FULL TIME (40 hrs/week)
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 32 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research& Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com
This role is a 12 month assignment supporting the Talent Acquisition. The intern will report into the Sr. Manager of University Relations and Employer Branding, supporting the entire team in recruitment of talent into the organization. The HR Junior Associate is on front-lines of the candidate experience, maintaining strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR teams. The HR Junior Associate will perform the below responsibilities, among others, in support of Talent Acquisition’s goals and objectives:
· Coordinate and confirm via Outlook the scheduling of all candidate interviews with Recruiter, Hiring Managers and their teams including but not limited to phone screens, technical phone interviews, assessment sessions or individual interviews, as required.
· Ensure a positive candidate experience for all candidates interviewing with L’Oreal. Prepare company materials to share with candidates, ensure they have completed our online employment application; complete pre-employment process (i.e., background check and drug screenings), etc.
· Coordinate the travel plans as needed for out-of-town candidates and confirm cost effective yet convenient candidate travel (requesting travel profile creation, monitoring booking of flights, making hotel reservations, car service requests, etc.)
· Direct source talent for current and anticipated openings using Boolean searches, LinkedIn, Indeed, WayUp, our ATS and CRM systems and any other tools available
· Manage onboarding of summer interns and co-ops inclusive of intern tracking and reporting, laptop procurement, coordination of I-9 with employer service center, intern badges, etc.
· Draft offer letters and send out all offer packets containing: offer letters, drug screen, benefits and relocation information, agreements, if applicable.
· Manage all logistics for key recruitment events including but not limited to booking internal conference rooms and external venues, ordering and supervising catering, room setup / breakdown, shipping/receiving materials, etc.
· Manage requisition workflow steps for candidates in the ATS/CRM and update dashboards and reporting of recruiting metrics
· Manage relationships with Universities to coordinate interview schedules, career fairs, informational sessions, etc.
· Order and maintain inventory of office supplies, product giveaways, recruiting materials, etc.
· Work on special projects and participate in Talent Acquisition initiatives to advance our goals
· Recent graduate (within 12 months) of a BA degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, Management, or related area.
· Previous internship or Co-op experience in an office setting environment is a must – prior HR internship a plus
· Self-starter and capable of working under minimum supervision
· Well-developed computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point required
· Ability to manage, prioritize multiple assignments and work efficiently while remaining flexible to unforeseen changes in direction
· Flexibility to commute back and forth to NY/NJ L’Oreal facilities to attend meetings, events, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning skills and follow up skills
· Strong customer service focus and ability to develop strong internal and external networks
· Enthusiastic team player, creative/innovative thinker with a passion for process improvement
· Excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency in a fast paced work environment
· Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive data and information on a regular basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please emailUSApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.