Job Description Form
Section 1 : General Information
Job Title: Junior Human Resources Associate
Function: Human Resources
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Division: Florence Manufacturing
Supervisor Title: HR Manager
Location: L’Oréal USA North America
Section 2: Job Summary (limit your description to one paragraph):
Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Team on all personnel matters.
Section 3: Job Requirements ( Minimum number years of experience, skills, certification and academic background required to perform this job):
Pursuing a degree in Human Resources Management or related field
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, None):
Decisions made by the HR Intern can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
Delivery: The ability of the HR Intern to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
Cost: Operation of the HR Intern activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financials.
Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Long periods of sitting at desk;
Occasional lifting up to 40lbs
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: $N/A
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $N/A
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
2. Audit I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
3. Conducts audits of various payrolls, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
4. Assists with the preparation of employee events.
5. Assists HR Director with various special projects.
6. Assists with recruitment and interview process.
7 . Assist with preparation of new employee orientation.
8. Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
9. Helps maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
10. Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
11. Assists or prepares correspondence.
12. Prepares new employee files.
13. Processes mail.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Section 8: Required Competencies :
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’OrealUSATAP competencies. Examples include leadership, interpersonal or analytical skills, ability to multi-task, etc.
1. Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
2. Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
3. Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
4. Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
5. Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
6. Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
7 . Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Please note : This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please emailUSApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.