Title: Assistant Education Manager
Division: Active Cosmetics Division: Vichy, La Roche-Posay, CeraVe
Department: Education / Sales
Location: NYO, 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Education Development Manager
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
The Assistant Education Manager position is an integral part of the L’Oreal Dermatological Beauty Brands field sales and training team, providing operational and training content support. You will influence positive learning outcomes by ensuring content meets audience needs through learning environments and experiences. This role involves establishing strategies to design, develop, implement and evaluate learning methods for a variety of contexts. This position requires a capacity to balance multiple competencies including: the ability to plan and prioritize effectively, organization skills, strategic thinking, command skills, and creativity.The Assistant Education Manager will report into the Education Development Manager while working closely with National and Regional partners as well as cross-functional teams to develop innovative and engaging tools that will support and drive business goals.
· Support the development of brand and skincare trainings including modules/materials/POS tools to reach divisional and customer retail and service objectives
· Review and revise existing educational content, programs and toolsensuring content matches established objectives
· Create engaging instructional material, courses, curriculum and training manuals
· Own creation and deployment of monthly L’Oreal Dermatological Beauty Brands Newsletters for all retailers
· Co-develop and maintain all retailer LMS sites with the following assets: product/brand one-sheets, Microsite updates, onboarding programs, training videos, etc.
· Collaborates with subject matter experts and business partners to determine the scope of a project and delivering a consistent learning experience
· Work with cross functional partners and outside vendors to help ideate, create and project manage training video production, inclusive of: script-writing, collecting assets, serving as talent when applicable, liaise between production and marketing teams during editing, etc.
· Support distribution of new educational programs, tools and systems
· Manage translation for DMI core modules and all retailer training programs / materials
· Assist in the preparation and delivery of annual sales and training meetings
· Maintain education production timeline
· Support gratis programs for all retailers, inclusive of forecasting and distribution
· Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
· Evaluates current educational technologies, trends and tools and communicates appropriate recommendations to management
· Conducts needs analysis for new exciting trainings and integrate feedback in the preparation/revision of all Core Programs
· Keep abreast of competitors’ activities and actively share information and ideas that will impact future success for Vichy, La Roche-Posay and CeraVe
· Support Social and Digital Education Manager on projects as needed
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Passion, interest and knowledge of the cosmetic/skincare industry
· 2+ years related experience working inTraining/Content Creation/Coordination for a minimum of 2 years
· Proficiency in Excel, PPT and Microsoft Office required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
· Excellent design and technical writing skills
· Must have outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to details
· Strong project management and leadership skills to achieve design target timelines
· Clear assessment development
· Experience in digital training i.e. apps, webinars, custom platforms is a plus
· Strong communication skills, with an articulate manner (verbal, written and presentation)
· Collaborative and influencing skills are essential to work with cross-functional teams
· Initiative and foresight
· Energetic and enthusiastic with a team spirit
· Ability to interact with all levels of management in a fast paced, high growth, continually evolving environment
· Must reside in the Northeast (easy commutable distance to the NYO)
· Ability to travel up to 25% domestically when needed (minimal international as needed)
· Valid US driver’s license
· People Developer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please emailUSApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.