SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
2nd shift (2:15pm-midnight) Distribution Center Shipping Supervisor
General responsibilities include supervision of the shipping processes and responsibilities include safety, on time shipping of orders, proper packaging and labeling of shipping containers, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times.
· Manages and leads the shipping team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
· Ensures that all shipping team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
· Administers audits on outbound orders
· Responsible for re-weight on out bound totes to SalonCentric stores (35 lbs limit)
· Performs monthly completion of reports
· Manages daily productivity information for Dashboard
· Achieves on time shipment of orders
· Oversees the accurate manifesting/invoicing and labeling of orders
· Responsible for ensuring that product is properly packed in the shipping container, there is appropriate amounts and placement of dunnage into carton and container properly taped to minimize in-transit damage
· Achieve continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change.
· Monitors the daily housekeeping of the facility
· Coordinates with leadership staff the movement of employees throughout the facility to achieve service and cost objectives
· Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
· Accountable for on time accurate break down of pre-packs requested by purchasing, as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 2-3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
· Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
· Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
· Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with ability to multi-task.
· Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
· Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
· Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
· Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
What We Offer
· A competitive compensation package
· Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
· Life & Disability Insurance
· 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
· 401K Plan with company match
· Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
· Generous employee discount on beauty products
· Employee assistance plan
· Potential for growth!
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.