Operations Input Support Administrator
KPMG Business Services
Service Line Information
With a turnover in excess of £1.5 billion and a payroll of close to 16,000 partners and staff across UK offices, our Finance team covers a huge spectrum of work. It spans everything from being closely involved in supporting the organisation's business strategy to tightly managing critical business functions like employee payroll, expenses, accounts payable and billing.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Title: Operations Input Support Administrator (Grade E2)
Specialism: Data Entry – Central Finance
Hours of Work: 09:30 - 17:30
Length of contract: 12 months
The role involves using various system functionality such as SAP, ePayables, general ledger, HSBC.net and excel. The GL client base consists of individuals in the business that have responsibility for arranging goods or services to be supplied to KPMG, redistributing costs across chargeable, non chargeable and GL codes and clearing down debit and credit entries relating to balance sheet accounts.
This team are responsible for inputting data in to the appropriate system as well as manual administration, with the minimum of errors and within the required deadlines. This team are also responsible for part of the CSR process, making payments, dealing with the Charities Aid Foundation in connection with payments and reconciling the account on behalf of the business.
Ultimately, the job holder will be considered a member of the Operations team and as such may be asked to support any of the teams therein – AP, AR, WIP & Billing, Expenses and Inter office Credit Management.
- The individual is required to process various different types of data in relation to various SAP functionality. All tasks must be carried out in accordance with the agreed SLA’s. It is the responsibility of the individual to make sure that they are familiar with them. The individual will need to gain an understanding of AP, AR, Billing and payments.
- There will be general administration tasks such as dealing with telephone and e-mail queries via the departmental mailbox.
- The individual will be responsible for working with the Accounts Receivable team in regards to listing, posting and banking all cheques received by the business.
- The individual will be responsible for raising the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) donation requests, this will involve administration by reviewing completeness of paperwork, raising payments, liaising with the business and collating general audit history on budgets.
- Adhoc work as and when the business or line manager requires.
- Liaise with the line manager at all times to ensure that workload is time managed, alerting manager to time constraints and conflicts.
- Ensure that the knowledge required to perform the role to a high standard is constantly up to date with changing procedures.
- This is very much a team environment and it would be preferable if the person already possess excellent team skills and enjoys working closely with other people.
- Would need to have good communication skills, both written and verbal. The person would also need to be numerate, and possess good keyboard skills and have an excellent eye for detail.
- The person would need to be organised and have excellent time management skills.
- The person needs to be self motivated with a willingness to learn and also to have a flexible approach to work.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy