Manager - Finance Transformation (Corporates - Defence)
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In Financial Management , we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The National Security sector is one of KPMG’s key priority sectors, designated for high growth over the next three years. In order to deliver our exciting growth plans KPMG are recruiting experienced, market-focused consultants to join this team.
The team are seeking experienced Managers to deliver Business Analysis services on National Security engagements and to support KPMG’s growth in this market.
It is desirable that candidates have experience in some of the following markets or clients:
- Ministry of Defence
- OSCT, Home Office and Foreign Office
- Immigration, UK Border Force & HMRC
- CT Policing and NCA
Due to the nature of the work, it is essential for applicants to hold current 'National Security Vetting’ aligned to a National Security organisation.
This role requires an experienced Manager with Business Analysis / Business Architecture experience to lead teams to successfully deliver client engagements. The individual must possess a detailed understanding of the different tools and methods used by BAs and have experience of applying these in a variety of different situations.
Successful candidates need to be able to demonstrate their proficiency in a number of the following activities:
- Experience working within secure government and an understanding of the client’s challenges.
- Experience of delivering transformational change programmes within government.
- Experience of designing and implementing new Target Operating Models in complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Experience of operational excellence and business process improvement methods (including Lean, Six Sigma)
- Experience in benefits mapping, measurement and delivery management.
- Experience of requirements elicitation, capture and management.
- Experience of different delivery models such as AGILE / SCRUM, waterfall.
- Broad analytical skills and core consulting skillset to be utilised across client engagements.
- Experience of managing projects to time, cost and quality.
- Demonstrable initiative and flexibility with strong interpersonal skills.
Candidates should have substantial consulting experience and be able to evidence many of the following:
- Ability to take deliver discrete projects or large, standalone workstreams that add significantly to the overall success of a project or programme
- Ability to lead a team of KPMG professionals on client engagements, shaping the delivery approach
- Ability to define and manage competing agendas/priorities and establish achievable projects
- Ability to coach team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
- Excellent written and oral stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to contribute to business development initiatives including identifying business opportunities, proposal writing and client presentations
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. MBA, BCS BA Diploma, Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2, MSP, CIMA).
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy