Immigration Assistant Manager
Immigration Assistant Manager
KPMG Business Services
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Role and person overview
You will be working within the Legal Services Immigration department within London whilst supporting the KBS People Operations Right to Work Admin team.
You will be based out of our Head Office in Canary Wharf with one day a week working with the KBS RTW admin team in Watford. You will be undertaking advisory and administrative support around internal immigration cases. You will also be required to provide guidance and advice to the Watford based RTW admin team, providing support around all immigration activities as outlined below.
• Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders – including business contacts, internal HR teams including Recruitment and Global Mobility, external stakeholders and associates
- Proactively work to educate both the RTW admin team, COE’s and the business on the visa immigration process
- Have the ability to take a logical and systematic approach to issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all options available to make an informed decision
- Work as part of a team within neighbouring People COE teams and the business to ensure a smooth and seamless service is given to the new and existing colleagues
- Liaise with international HR contacts to support the visa process for transferring employees
• Undertaking KPMG internal immigration cases, mainly in the following categories:
o Tier 2 (General)
o Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
o Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
o Spousal visas
o PBS Dependant visas
- Manage high volumes of case work independently and accurately with varying levels of complexity to ensure all legal requirements are met
- Prioritise workload in accordance to urgency and adhere to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Keep all internal systems up to date in real time
Right to Work Maintenance
• Quality assurance tasks including; frequent audits of RTW documents and compliance files
- Incident resolution and prevention activity
- Implementing and maintaining quality control under the guidance of the management team
Contributing to the team and People Function
- Working with the Right to Work Admin team to ensure the right to work and visa processes within the People Operations team are followed, maintained and kept compliant
- Keeping up to date with changes to the global immigration landscape
- Coach new joiners on key processes and approaches, providing guidance as appropriate
- Provide immigration training, as required
- Supervise and coach junior team members
- Help shape the strategic immigration business plans
- Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player
- Take a personal responsibility to proactively and continuously improve and streamline the quality of immigration processes, right to work and visa tasks and own personal development
- Take a personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
- Keeping the Firm free from risk
Qualifications and Skills
It is expected that you will have previous experience of a legal immigration office environment and can demonstrate strong administration skills
- Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment
- Effectively work with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise task list
- Have a good degree of IT proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel and SAP or equivalent HR system
- Awareness and understanding of the Professional Services industry
- Awareness and understanding of Immigration law
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong project management techniques
Experience and Background
You will ideally have a minimum of three years’ experience within an immigration advisory role and or paralegal experience in UK immigration practice
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About KPMG SA
KPMG est un groupe d’audit, de conseil et d’expertise comptable dont Michael J.Andrew est le président depuis 2011. Le groupe est présent dans 156 pays à l’aide d’un réseau de cabinet indépendant, membre de KMPG International. KPMG est né en 1986 de la fusion entre deux grands groupes, Peat Marwick International (PMI) et Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG). En 2012, le groupe a réalisé un chiffre d’affaires en 2012 de 23,03 milliards de dollars et employait près de 152 000 personnes à travers le monde, il fait aujourd’hui parti des Big Four de l’audit.
KPMG France est présent dans 217 villes françaises et compte aujourd’hui près de 70 000 clients dans différents secteurs et dont font partie de grands groupes tels que EADS, Total ou encore EDF.