HR Assistant - Onboarding Team
KPMG Business Services
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Title - HR Assistant – Experienced Hire On boarding
Service Line: People Operations
Reporting to: Team Leader – Experienced Hire On boarding
Location: Watford (with intermittent travel to other UK offices including Canary Wharf)
Hours of Work: 09:30 - 17:30
Role Type: 7 Month FTC
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. The operation consists of a HR Shared Services team, a HR Technology team and a HR Transformation team. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver
Context of role As a HR Assistant in Experienced Hire Onboarding, you will be working as part of a team to manage the onboarding process, from the point of offer acceptance to the individual starting with KPMG.
You will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams, liaising across the business with key stakeholders, and also coordinating with numerous 3rd parties. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Provide an excellent level of service to all new joiners, ensuring a seamless onboarding experienced
- Provide an excellent level of service to KPMG stakeholder by offering proactive and timely updates, and keeping to all internal SLAs.
- Manage the end to end onboarding process, answering or escalating, where appropriate, any questions from the business or new joiner
- Coordinate all pre-employment screening activities, both internally and alongside our 3rd party provider, to ensure compliance with KPMG requirements.
- Ensuring all records and documentation are accurately recorded and compliant with KPMG requirements, including RTW checks
- Manage the Visa applications for international joiners to KPMG
- You will be expected to be accountable and proactive, ensuring all queries are resolved accurately and within SLA, escalating where appropriate to the Team Leader
- Take personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
Experience, Qualification and Skills
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
- Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy