GCT - Business Technology - Assistant Manager
Global Comp and Trans
Service Line Information
KPMG's Global Compliance & Transformation practice is an exciting key area of growth within the firm and is a national team which works with clients to manage their tax (Corporate and Indirect) and statutory obligations across their business, which is increasingly key in today’s challenging environment. Services are provided to a broad range of clients across all sectors from the largest FTSEs or inbounds to mid-market companies and include Global Compliance Management Services, Audit and Accounting Related Tax Services, Tax Transformation, Governance and Process Improvement, Outsourcing and Business Technology, as well as other exciting priority areas for our clients. The Practice operates strategically over four cross-functional business areas including Operational Excellence, Digital Transformation, Tax Technology and Tax Enablement, leveraging the depth and breadth of skills to boost the capability of the GCT as a priority service line.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Business Technology team designs and implements award-winning technology to help our clients automate their accounting, tax, finance and regulatory reporting processes.
The candidate will be working in the business development and client delivery team as part of the wider Business Technology team to sell and deliver KPMG’s proprietary technology, initially focused on the K-Trinity Accounts Production solution.
Role and Responsibilities
This role offers a candidate the ability to apply their accounting and client management skills in a unique way. The candidate will be working as part of the team running the end-to-end client delivery process for technology from initial pitch through to implementation of the software. This will involve playing a key part in the business development process through delivering client demos and managing contract negotiation. Following this, the candidate will project manage the implementation of the software for clients, taking responsibility for delivering high-quality services within specified deadlines and in line with engagement profitability targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering client demos and managing contract negotiation and agreement;
- Project managing software implementations ensuring quality, delivery on time, within budget and to agreed scope – this will include reviewing output prepared by offshore resource;
- Building and maintaining excellent internal and external client relationships;
- Financial management of engagements to ensure that implementation projects meet the team’s engagement profitability goals;
- Reporting on project delivery KPIs and ensuring project documentation is maintained;
- Making process improvement recommendations and implementing as appropriate;
- Maintaining relationship with the technical support helpdesk, ensuring escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner where necessary.
- Strong educational background (preferably 2:1 or higher university degree);
- ACA qualified or equivalent is essential;
- Project management qualifications would be helpful but are not essential.
Experience and Background
- Demonstrable interest in technology is essential;
- Financial statement preparation or audit background is preferable;
- Experience of managing teams to deliver projects to agreed deadlines and budgets, even under pressure;
- Proven experience of managing multiple stakeholders, often with conflicting objectives;
- Ability to work autonomously, a self-starter with the confidence to make their own decisions;
- Motivated and ambitious team player who is well organised and results driven;
- Ability to build and execute strong internal and external relationships;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Excel.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy