Experienced Hire Recruiter
KPMG Business Services
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Experience Hire team are looking for someone to join on an initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The Experienced Hire (EH) Recruitment Team is a team of highly specialist recruiters who support the core markets in recruiting diverse talent into KPMG.
The core responsibility of a Recruiter within the EH team is to provide an end to end recruitment process for B-E grade vacancies and facilitate an exceptional client and candidate experience. Reporting to an Account Manager the recruiter role will retain a functional specialism but where necessary will flex across more than one Market to respond to business demand.
The role requires significant experience of the end to end recruitment life cycle including the importance of data/policy compliance, together with high levels of organisation, attention to detail, strong relationship management, the ability to prioritise in a changing landscape and excellent client service ethic.
Deliverables and Accountability:
Recruitment Planning and Delivery:
- Working closely with People Leaders and Resourcing to understand current and predicted demand. Agree a delivery plan against open vacancies including understanding prioritisation.
- Understanding business objectives mid-long term in order to prioritise sourcing strategy and build pipelines for future needs
- Working closely with Brand and Attraction counterparts to deliver innovative sourcing initiatives tailored to target market. Focus on building network to increase penetration of target markets
- Candidate Management- Focus on delivering an exceptional candidate experience through the creation of recruitment story, info sharing, understanding the motivations of target audience and working with broader colleague group to develop a candidate experience that plays to these motivations
- Branding and networking- working closely with Recruitment branding to understand the EVP, ensure clear message to market, be an ambassador for KPMG in the market, equally demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the external market, trends and innovation, competitor activity and proactively share this knowledge with colleagues across KPMG
- Process Management
- Requisition Management. Managing end to end requisition process from business briefing, JD creation, sourcing strategy, system upload, accountable for producing a timely action plan and accuracy/quality of information
- Ultimately responsible for sourcing decisions (focus to be on direct sourcing, current approved vendors, diversity, quality and cost, broader strategy, timescales). Provide feedback to hiring stakeholders around best practice, provide advice to business around source mix and influence the outcome as subject matter expert
- Against an open requisition: accountable for defining and delivering a sourcing strategy for each requisition (Direct, or via supplier) which will deliver a focussed, multiple channel sourcing solution to produce a high quality diverse shortlist. Supplier briefing (if this is considered necessary) should focus on producing the same calibre of short list
- Against Talent Pools: accountable as above for producing high quality pipeline against the future needs of the business and to build a strong rapport with that pipeline. Agree regular communication/engagement activities with that pipeline to maximise opportunity of conversion at the appropriate time
CV review and screening against job description to provide diverse shortlist, conducting robust HR interview (either at assessment centre or other process) to assess against KPMG values and grade capabilities to gather hygiene data, test motivation of candidates and explain EVP with a view to creating a strong platform from which to have ongoing candidate engagement, Effective and positive rejection process, Overarching ownership of Interview process through to completion. Accountable for the quality of recruitment information, quality of candidate engagement, ability to generate further referrals from candidates, and ensuring a smooth and timely process
- Effective engagement with unsuccessful candidates to deliver a professional and constructive rejection message
- Ownership of HRA/Recruiter relationship. Managing communication with HRA team to ensure timely process (managed through exception report), candidate engagement, information exchange
- Offer management: Managing end to end offer/acceptance process including approval tracking, liaising with business and candidate and dealing with any issues. Accountable for maintaining an agreed acceptance rate
- Data maintenance: Ownership of recruitment system data. Accountable for timely updating of system to ensure that reporting accurately reflects current position including managing reports as required by Recruitment Operations
- Ensuring adherence to policies and employment legislation including but not restricted to RTW legislation
- PSL- Supplier engagement and management including regular briefings to ensure that they have the best possible information with which to represent KPMG. Accountable for maintaining the integrity of the PSL and minimising the need to rely on non PSL suppliers
- Previous in house recruitment experience, preferably gained within a professional services environment
- Understanding of the complexities of recruiting specialist markets with experience of working within a matrix environment
- Successfully managing a diverse group of stakeholders often with conflicting requirements
- Seen as an effective and persuasive communicator who seeks insight into the business and acts as an expert advisor
- Understands and champions the importance of data integrity, timely and accurate reporting and uses this information to run efficient processes
- Demonstrates innovation in approach to problem solving and delivering service
- Collaborative team player driving inclusion, leads by example, seeks continuous improvement from self
- Strong networker with excellent market knowledge
- Adapts well to an ever changing landscape, demonstrates resilience, flexibility and energy
- Commercially minded with a focus on the business aims, proven negotiation skills in dealing with suppliers
- Experience of recruiting volume campaigns as well as unique roles and the variances in between
- Knowledge of recruitment systems, knowledge of Excel
- Experience of working within agreed HR policies and processes
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy