Are you a Chartered Quantity Surveyor ('QS') with a least 3 years relevant industry experience from either a professional construction cost consultancy or main contractor background?
· Would you be interested in expanding your knowledge and developing a career in this niche tax area, which requires dedicated quantity surveying expertise in preparing capital allowances claims for tax return purposes.
· Are you interested in joining a firm that delivers award winning training and offer a significant opportunity to quickly progress your career within one of the country's largest professional services organisations?
· Would you like to get exposure to some of the largest and highest profile commercial property and multinational capital projects being undertaken in Ireland and further afield currently?
If the answers are yes to the above questions, then please keep reading. We have a unique opportunity for a QS to join our growing multi-disciplinary team. The role is based in Dublin.
We ideally need you to have the following on your CV:
· A BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying, minimum 2:1 or acceptable equivalent
· Member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (MSCSI) or the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
· An ability to prepare and price (based on recent practical experience) budget reconstruction estimates for a range of commercial buildings but mainly for shell and core office developments and fit-outs
· Experience in procuring and managing costs on both base build and fit out construction projects from inception to completion.
· Experience usingCubit, CostX or similar
· Excellent MS Excel skills
· Excellent communication skills, exceptional oral and written communication capabilities
Your work will be varied. Below will be some of your core responsibilities:
This individual will have an immediate opportunity to execute an existing pipeline of work, across a range of industry sectors, comprising both; (i) expenditure claims / analysis, where clients have undertaken construction works directly and (ii) purchase price allocations, where newly developed or 2nd hand buildings are acquired by clients, requiring reconstruction cost estimates.
You will interact with client teams across finance, tax, real estate and facilities functions as well as external design teams, in order to collate the required project documentation and to address queries as they arise, attending client meeting and undertaking site visits as required in order to identify qualifying assets and to substantiate claims. This a fantastic opportunity for an individual to step change their career with us.
Reconstruction Cost Estimates
· Independently preparing detailed and robust reconstruction estimates based on limited information (typically using publicly available price indices).
· The reconstruction estimates typically include significant mechanical, electrical and lift packages.
Construction Cost Analysis
· Liaising with project design teams to procure all relevant cost control documentation required and to get an understanding of the capital project.
· Analysing and reconciling construction cost documentation including the following:
· Priced Bills of Quantities and Pricing Documents
· Reconciliation of the tender cost documents to the Contract Sum
· Specialist Sub Contract Packages (typically mechanical and electrical installations)
· Variations, PC Sums and Provisional Sums
· Final Account Reports We offer more than just a career opportunity:
· Prior capital allowances / tax depreciation knowledge is not a perquisite for this role and full on the job training will be provided
· We have an in-house award winning team of training specialists who will help you achieve your career goals
· A thriving sports and social community both within, and outside the firm
We have the largest and longest established capital allowances team of the Big 4 firm in Ireland. Our dedicated multidisciplinary capital allowances team consists of full-time chartered quantity surveyors and tax professionals who work solely on preparing fair and compliant tax depreciation / capital allowances claims for our clients.
Hard work is rewarded at KPMG:
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At this level the package includes an extremely competitive base salary, performance based bonus, and a KPMG flexible benefits package.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements. To learn more about diversity at KPMG, click here.
If you are interested in the above role, please submit a CV via the apply button. If you have any specific queries on the role, please contact Stephen Clerkin on
For an interactive insight into life at KPMG, make sure to follow us on social media! We can be found on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat at the following handle-
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.