Audit Client Coordinator- Smiths Group and Experian
Service Line Information
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Client Co-ordinator will be working solely with the Smiths Group and Experian audit teams. The role is an essential part of both teams – as the lynchpin that holds the teams together. This is a great opportunity to be a part of two passionate & motivated teams, one of which is onboarding a new audit engagement.
As this role is in support of audit teams there will be a need at certain times to be on site. This is an exciting opportunity to join a varied and fast paced environment.
The main aspect of the role is to support the delivery of the highest quality service for our clients, Smiths Group and Experian, through strong project management of continuous workstreams and of the audit process. Some key areas of responsibility are listed below
- Form and pro-actively maintain relationships with key client contacts, in particular the finance team. Proactively contact key contacts to maintain high level of service delivery, acting as the face of KPMG.
- Mapping of all key contacts for the KPMG leadership team to Smiths Group and Experian personnel and oversight of opportunities to develop/share relationships.
- Manage the staff to ensure that they have the supplies, IT, network access, etc. that they require for off-site work across locations.
- Remain visible and available across all grades of team members. Proactively engage with them to understand their progress on actions and how to help them as required.
Global audit team
- Manage the UK-FM team inboxes. Ensure the communications to and from the global team are appropriately handled, and build relationships with the all key contacts.
- Track group reporting submissions and ad hoc question responses.
- Maintain contacts and email distribution lists for global audit contacts, including function specialists.
- Write and develop the quarterly team newsletter (if deemed appropriate for both engagements).
- Complete management of all processes in SAP – code set up (including client and engagement acceptance process, both for the group and UK companies, as appropriate).
- Working with management to arrange a billing schedule to reflect timing of our audit process, raising fees and dealing with inter-office debit/credit notes.
- Continuous monitoring of time and costs – assistance with initial budget preparation, tracking actual time and costs to budget and reporting to the management team. Liaise with managers to ensure budget reflects staffing.
- Liaise with the client service team and global KPMG teams as required to track audit and non-audit fees.
- Liaison with Global Lead Partner and functional leads to prepare account plans.
- Submit company level budgets
- Assist in preparation of blue sky management reporting.
- All of the above to be delivered with effective liaison and communication with key stakeholders.
- Management of the Sentinel process, including bi-annual update of affiliate tree.
- Familiarity over the process for the various types of request in order to provide support to the audit team in responding to requests during busy periods.
- Organise core team meetings and assist with agenda and actions.
- Own the client calendar, and organise key management meetings
- Initiate team building events
- Coordinate internal and client events as required, including audit post sign off celebrations.
- Help audit team to prepare, send and chase bank confirmations and other third party confirmations
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Be a contact point for the team to coordinate necessary secretarial duties.
- Organise room bookings for on-site work and ensure connectivity and entrances arranged.
- Assist team during audit busy periods, be proactive in helping with tasks such as scanning, photocopying, printing etc.
- Involvement in the formatting and preparation of all reports that go to the Audit Committee (AC) and other Boards / Committees (RACCs/CACs) as necessary.
- Keep up to date on key meeting dates and pre-read deadlines and project manage the planning of key deliverables to ensure timely submission of reports.
- Liaise with CREATE to design innovative reports, bring new ideas to the table.
- Provide management with new ideas on how to make an impact within the business.
- Collaborate with other client coordinators to share and implement best practice.
- Design and produce client contact cards on an annual basis.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Overall, the candidate should be able to deal with large teams and be comfortable with current systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software including Outlook, Word &, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of KPMG software such as SAP, MRM, CRM, etc.
- Excellent understanding of KPMG processes and a good internal network.
- Creative and innovative with a hands on approach.
- Strong coaching and delegation skills.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to work well without supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Teamwork - supportive of leaders and co-operative with others.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to network successfully with the client and team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage a varying workload, prioritising tasks and managing conflicts.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy