Audit Assistant Managers - Public Sector & Health - Bristol
Service Line Information
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Multiple positions available
Opening date 22/06/18
Closing date 20/07/18
Salary: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Role and Responsibilities
The Public Sector, is one of a number of key strategic growth areas for the firm, with ambitious targets for increasing the size of our business in the next three years. To support this growth, we are looking for qualified accountants to join the audit practice in our Bristol office. As an Assistant Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of e-audit
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities. Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy