Associate - Power and Utilities
Are you looking for an exciting career in a growing team within KPMG? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the energy market has ever seen with major players from across the energy industry? If so, then consider joining us in Power and Utilities.
We are offering a unique opportunity to gain experience of the UK power sector in a multi-functional Power & Utilities team working across a range of strategic, regulatory and transactional mandates. The successful candidate will work across multiple engagements, gaining a better understanding of how the different functions of the power market (renewables, conventional, technology and the grid) work together to keep the lights on and help the UK and other countries meet their renewable targets in a rapidly changing market.
The team work across a range of mandates in tandem, such as:
- Commercial and financial advisory on bidding strategy;
- Transaction commercial advisory;
- Market entry / exit or growth strategies; and
- Advice on the opportunities and threats of a changing regulatory environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Helping to deliver elements of Power and Utilities engagements, pitch documents and/or associated client deliverables in the Power sector by:
- Researching and analysing information to support our engagement objectives;
- Helping develop and assess strategic objectives and plans for clients (market entry exit or growth);
- Structuring and writing reports and management presentations by taking complex concepts and articulating these in a digestible format; or
- Building and/or analysing Financial Models in Microsoft Excel.
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Ensuring projects are delivered in a manner that complies with internal and regulatory procedures
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate:
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantage of the opportunities this role offers and keen to learn as much as possible about the power sector
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations and/or Microsoft Excel for financial modelling
- Skilled in financial analysis and commercially aware