An exciting opportunity to become part of a new team within deal advisory using and developing a combination of data analytics and financial due diligence.
KPMG’s Deal Analytics team focuses on fundamental business issues managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs that organisations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals.
The Deal Analytics team work with big data tools to interrogate large volumes of financial data in order to provide insights into profitability and other financial metrics during a transaction. We are also developing additional toolsets to help clients understand their business both during and post deal.
- Uses data analytics tools and techniques to identify and extract critical business information to support Deal Advisory team
- Research and study different businesses across different industries business for a given project, critically dissect the strategy and develop insightful analysis
- Work closely with both offshore and research teams to support data analysis
- Work with financial due diligence and deal advisory teams to provide deep business analytics and integrate findings into product deliverables
- Carry out analysis of investments targets to highlight key findings relevant to the Deal
- Develop and coach junior member
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant and recent experience in mergers & acquisitions or transaction services
- A proven track record in project management including: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Significant and extensive analytical skills using financial modelling, research, and accounting analysis.
- Proficiency with financial research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Advanced experience in one or all of the following visualisation tools: Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- Intermediate experience in Alteryx
Opening date: 07 June 2019
Closing date: 05 July 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Multiple positions available