Assistant Managers- Deal Analytics
Deal Advisory Central
Service Line Information
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
An exciting opportunity to become part of a new team within deal advisory using and developing a combination of data analytics and financial due diligence.
KPMG’s Deal Analytics team focuses on fundamental business issues managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs that organisations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals.
The Deal Analytics team work with big data tools to interrogate large volumes of financial data in order to provide insights into profitability and other financial metrics during a transaction. We are also developing additional toolsets to help clients understand their business both during and post deal.
- Uses data analytics tools and techniques to identify and extract critical business information to support Deal Advisory team
- Research and study different businesses across different industries business for a given project, critically dissect the strategy and develop insightful analysis
- Work closely with both offshore and research teams to support data analysis
- Work with financial due diligence and deal advisory teams to provide deep business analytics and integrate findings into product deliverables
- Carry out analysis of investments targets to highlight key findings relevant to the Deal
- Develop and coach junior member
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant and recent experience in mergers & acquisitions or transaction services
- A proven track record in project management including: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Significant and extensive analytical skills using financial modelling, research, and accounting analysis.
- Proficiency with financial research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Advanced experience in one or all of the following visualisation tools: Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- Intermediate experience in Alteryx
Opening date: 07 June 2019
Closing date: 05 July 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Multiple positions available
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy