Assistant Managers- Capital Markets
Assistant Managers- Capital Markets
Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
As subject matter experts with a breadth of experience and specialism across industry, consulting, academia and regulators, the risk team offer the skills and levers to provoke and support complex and unique risk transformational projects in the financial services industry.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Manager who can make a significant contribution to the Capital Markets Operations Transformation Practice through sector expertise, client engagement and delivery of new business opportunities. You will help grow the Capital Markets practice through support for business development activities, developing value propositions and playing a lead role in client engagement and assignment delivery.
- Business development support.
- Mentor and coach other members of the team.
- Develop and convert a pipeline of opportunities either through sell-on and/or new work.
- Assignment management and delivery.
- Formulate propositions and solutions that meet client requirements.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Project management (to include proven methodologies such as PRINCE II, MSP) and demonstrable client account management capabilities.
- Proven ability to mentor and train Consultants.
- Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice (including ‘Lean’ and Six Sigma).
- Team player with demonstrable people management skills
- Consulting background with successful delivery track record working for Investment and/or Wholesale banking clients.
Key areas of interest include operating model analysis and design to support Operations consolidation and integration, business divestment and sourcing, new product/market strategies
- In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities. Key areas of interest include OTC derivatives, Fixed Income and Equities, Cash and Collateral Management, Clearing and Settlement, all aspects of Operations Risk and associated risk mitigation
- In-depth understanding of the pre and post trade transaction value chain together with an appreciation of the threats and opportunities presented by market and regulatory change agendas
- Experience in Project/Program Management and Business Analysis experience in Financial Services.
- Experience in Front Office & Middle office of investment banks.
Experience interacting with Sales, Traders, IT, Back Office, Documentation & Settlement areas.
- Experience in investment banking products e.g. Fixed Income & Equity areas.
- Experience in regulatory projects from initiation through to implementation
- Experience in business process projects e.g. optimisation to cost take out
- Good technical skills e.g. MS Access, Excel, SQL, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to either lead or work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills.
Multiple positions available
Opening Date: 26/11/2018
Closing Date: 24/12/2018
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About KPMG SA
KPMG est un groupe d’audit, de conseil et d’expertise comptable dont Michael J.Andrew est le président depuis 2011. Le groupe est présent dans 156 pays à l’aide d’un réseau de cabinet indépendant, membre de KMPG International. KPMG est né en 1986 de la fusion entre deux grands groupes, Peat Marwick International (PMI) et Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG). En 2012, le groupe a réalisé un chiffre d’affaires en 2012 de 23,03 milliards de dollars et employait près de 152 000 personnes à travers le monde, il fait aujourd’hui parti des Big Four de l’audit.
KPMG France est présent dans 217 villes françaises et compte aujourd’hui près de 70 000 clients dans différents secteurs et dont font partie de grands groupes tels que EADS, Total ou encore EDF.