At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The National Security sector is one of KPMG’s key priority sectors, designated for high growth over the next three years. In order to deliver our exciting growth plans KPMG are recruiting experienced market focused consultants to join this team.
The team are seeking Advisors (assistant managers) to deliver systems engineering activities on National Security engagements and to support KPMG’s growth in this market.
It is desirable that candidates have experience in some of the following markets or clients:
- Ministry of Defence
- OSCT, Home Office and Foreign Office
- Immigration, UK Border Force & HMRC
- CT Policing and NCA
Due to the nature of the work, it is essential for applicants to hold current 'National Security Vetting’ aligned to a National Security organisation.
This role requires an individual with experience of roles requiring Systems Thinking, Systems Engineering and Architecture, who has been involved in several aspects of the Systems Development Lifecycle, possesses technical skills in two or more disciplines (e.g. software development, infrastructure, security, service delivery etc.) has had exposure to project management, is prepared to undertake mentoring of junior team members, can assist with capability development and has experience working in a constantly changing environment.
Successful candidates need to be able to demonstrate their proficiency in a number of the following activities:
• The production of Systems Engineering Management Plans
• System Scoping, Requirements definition and elicitation and maintaining traceability
• Systems Thinking / Problem Framing / Soft Systems Methods
• Defining requirement compliance and acceptance criteria
• Use case capture and validation
• Systems high level designs
• Validation of proposed Solution Designs
• Use of Architecture methods to aid definition
• Operational Concept Development
• Trade-off analysis
• Systems Integration
• Systems Lifecycle
• Change/ Impact Analysis and Management
• Continuous Process and Quality Improvement
• Business Case Analysis
• Systems Engineering Management
• Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional relationships.
• Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines and a high level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to contribute to business development initiatives including identifying business opportunities and proposal writing.
Candidates should have Demonstrable consulting experience and be able to evidence many of the following:
• Experience working within secure government and an understanding of the client’s challenges.
• Comfortable working with a diverse range of personalities across clients and partner organisations.
• Experience of contributing to propositions that are current and relevant to our clients,
• Experience of building strong client relationships based on mutual respect.
• An understanding of systems development, the technologies used (in general terms) and the issues and risks associated with delivery.
• Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Engineering related degree or higher, exposure to systems thinking, soft systems modelling, systems engineering, experience of TOGAF/MODAF or similar architecture frameworks and technical delivery experience) to ensure compliance with client processes and standards.
Bristol or London location