Assistant Manager - IT Risk Management (IRM - Audit)
Service Line Information
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 02/07/2019
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 29/07/2019
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS NEGOTIABLE BONUS AND BENEFITS
THERE ARE MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE
The Team – National Markets IRM
The IRM team is an integral part of our rapidly growing National Markets Audit practice. Whilst the IRM team sits within our Audit practice, we work closely with a multi-disciplinary Consulting practice to deliver a comprehensive range of services that our clients demand. Our IRM specialists deliver four key proposition to our clients:
- The use of technology in the External Audit.
- Assurance of technology through Internal Audit.
- Attestation over the use of technology at third parties.
- Advice on the management of technology risk.
Our core client base is predominantly within financial services and large corporates, but we are increasingly finding that our specialist skills are needed by firms in other industries like Health and Public Sector. Through one of our key propositions External Audit, we evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of technology controls and assess how they may present a risk of financial misstatement. We work closely with specialist financial auditors, working as one team to deliver this type of work.
Our clients need to deal effectively with their operational risks, to achieve maximum value from their technology, data and processes and our IRM specialists provide independent, jargon-free advice to help them achieve this potential. We also work closely with Consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts and technology strategists to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
Roles and Responsibilities
A successful candidate will be responsible for; -
- Delivering value added assurance services to clients.
- Conducting fieldwork and managing and supervising small project teams in delivery of assurance assignments.
- Assisting with scoping, internal financial management, managing delivery risk, production and initial review of deliverables.
- Building and managing client relationships across a number of clients.
- Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and assisting with client presentations.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams within KPMG.
- Coaching and developing more junior team members on engagements.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Experience in a technology risk and control / IT external audit environment within professional services function.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients.
- Deliver work within tight timescales to a high quality.
- Experience of business analysis and core business processes, for example, transaction processing, system development ledger systems.
- Experience within the financial services sector and knowledge of systems and processes used within them. Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly at all levels.
- An understanding of technology platforms
- Recognised accounting/auditing (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CISA qualification or working towards this qualification
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy