Assistant Manager - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line Information
You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Globally, KPMG's Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Economics and regulation in transport markets
KPMG’s transport economics and regulation team provide advice across the transport sector on economic regulation, market design, prices and charges, cost and performance benchmarking and business case development. We work with public and private sector clients in the UK and overseas on commercial and public policy matters. Recent work includes: reform of rail fares, alternative market structures for local public transport, regulation of capital costs associated with airport expansion, and rail track access tariff design. We are looking for a talented, forward-thinking economist to join our London-based team.
As a core member of the team, you will assist in the development of bespoke economic modelling approaches through robust econometric analysis and quantitative techniques. You will also be highly motivated and an ambitious self-starter willing to take advantage of the opportunities this position offers as part of a high profile team at the cutting edge of market analysis and economic appraisal.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Managing your own workload under the supervision of line managers
- Producing compelling analysis and reports that are well drafted and concise in order to address complex analytical issues
- Contributing to business development opportunities through the specification of tailored analytical approaches
- Liaising regularly with the wider team on the lessons learned from client engagements and where good practice/methodologies could be cascaded
- Developing a sound technical knowledge of the infrastructure sector and economic development more generally, and the policies which operate in those sectors
Desired experience, qualifications and skills
- Ideally 2-3 years experience, preferably in a consulting environment, in the practical application of econometric approaches and quantitative analysis
- Good undergraduate degree in economics and/or econometrics, with a postgraduate degree desirable but not essential
- Excellent understanding of econometrics and statistics, highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex technical work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Ability to independently use economic theory and tailored analytical approaches to problem-solve and address the requirements of our clients
- An interest in policy areas such as including competition and economic regulation in public transport and aviation.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy