The Role: We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Manager for our Indirect tax department in Nicosia. The successful candidate will be assigned to work on various engagements which will cover a variety of indirect tax issues and will also advise a wide range of clients, from large corporates to start-ups and the public sector.
· Providing advice to clients regarding their indirect taxes and interacting with Tax Authorities.
· Providing excellent service to both national and multi-national Cyprus headquartered companies with indirect tax issues, including transaction analysis, supply chain, business expansion, and mergers and acquisitions.
· Preparing Value Added Tax (VAT) training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences.
· Undertaking effective research towards providing effective solutions.
· Understanding and analyzing technical issues.
· Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
· Monitoring and upholding high quality of service to clients (internal and external).
· Coaching and giving clear directions, positive and constructive feedback to less experienced staff.
· Posession of a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) will be considered an advantage.
· University degree with a minimum grade of 2:1 or equivalent in any discipline - a university degree in Law will be considered an advantage.
· At least 3 years of indirect tax experience.
· Excellent knowledge of the English language.
· Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
· Possesses a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
· Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
· Continuously learns from experiences.
· Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
· Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
· Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
· Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including medical fund, provident fund, performance related bonus, flexible working hours as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.
As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people, their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. If you believe that you have the above qualifications and this opening sounds challenging, please submit your CV to quoting the relevant reference number. All CVs will be treated with the strictest confidence.