KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
• Support ODD projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
- Business plan support and synergy assessments
• Be integral in the creation of value-added insights which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
• Interact with clients providing this valued advice.
• Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and leverage specialist’s insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
• Ensure quality of own output and that of more juniors.
• Setting scopes, budgets, generating information/data requests, creating and coordinating final deliverables, and assisting with presentation of results.
• When not working on a project, take a role in business development and support with the preparation, development and delivery of proposals.
• Support with risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
• Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment.
• Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
• Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
• Bachelor's degree qualification.
• ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
• Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
• Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
• Desire to travel internationally.
• Fluency in a European language (not essential)