Assistant Manager - FS Operations & Value Creation (OVC) Team
Service Line Information
Our Transactions Services group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
- Support ODD projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
- Business plan support and synergy assessments
- Be integral in the creation of value-added insights which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
- Interact with clients providing this valued advice.
- Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and leverage specialist’s insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
- Ensure quality of own output and that of more juniors.
- Setting scopes, budgets, generating information/data requests, creating and coordinating final deliverables, and assisting with presentation of results.
- When not working on a project, take a role in business development and support with the preparation, development and delivery of proposals.
- Support with risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
- Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment.
- Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
- Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
- Bachelor's degree qualification.
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
- Desire to travel internationally.
- Fluency in a European language (not essential)
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy