Programme: Apprenticeship 2018 - KPMG360 - Business Services
Job Function: KPMG360 - Business Services
Intake Year: 2018
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
About the programme
KPMG360° Business Services is a two-year apprenticeship programme that combines academic study with practical work experience with teams across the firm. At the same time, you’ll gain a recognised qualification and develop professional skills whilst earning a salary.
Business Services is the engine room of KPMG, supporting our business through a variety of specialist areas, including Business Support, Resourcing, Recruitment, Facilities and Learning. It is an innovative, agile and collaborative function that delivers the right blend of services to support our client-facing colleagues in their delivery of services to our clients.
You will be fully supported throughout the programme with guidance from the KPMG Management and Professional Qualification teams and our external training provider. Upon successful completion, you will be supported to transition into a permanent opportunity at KPMG.
Those joining our Manchester, Leeds, Bristol or Birmingham offices will be based within our Business Support Group, fulfilling the role of team secretary. Throughout your two year programme, you’ll gain exposure to our Business Services teams through varied projects and work shadowing opportunities. Responsibilities will include:
- Becoming an integral part of the team, networking and developing relationships internally
- Developing commercial awareness, communication, team-work, and business skills
- Embracing new ideas and approaches, seeking out new responsibilities and proactively getting involved with a wide range of work.
- Displaying an understanding of KPMG’s values and demonstrating behaviours that inspire the trust and confidence of team members.
- You will take on tasks that directly add value to our business. Work will vary from placement to placement, but could include:
- Preparation of reports, presentations, talk books and meetings
- Organising business travel, accommodation and events
- Answering both internal and external calls in accordance with KPMG’s policy ensuring that accurate and detailed messages are taken and distributed effectively
- Management of internal databases and archive records
- Training, support and development towards
In order to complete our Apprenticeship you will be required to demonstrate a range of skills, knowledge and abilities and these will come from:
- The role you do
- The experience and knowledge you have built to date
- Completing learning activities to develop your knowledge further
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration will provide you with:
- Paid time to attend off-the-job training (including additional support for English & Maths, or support accessed for learning difficulties and / or disabilities).
- At least 20% of your time to be dedicated to off-the-job learning.
- Transferable knowledge and skills; including decision making, record & document production, planning & organising, project management and assessment preparation.
- Knowledge modules covering the following key topics:
- Understanding Business
- Regulation, Policies and Processes
- Personal Development
- Project and Stakeholder Management
What do we look for?
We look for more than just your academics results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential to us.
As a general rule, you will be required to meet the following requirements:
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or equivalent (including Maths, English and ideally ICT; although this isn’t essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG's Behavioural Capabilities. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG's Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
Further information on these behaviours can be found at www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/behaviouralcapabilities.
Your KPMG Experience
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re proud of our culture – it’s one that recognises hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. They’re our way of recognising and rewarding our colleagues for giving their best at work. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking and your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers’ Forum on Disability we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG’s commitment to diversity:
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMGhere .
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy