Analyst - Power and Utilities
Service Line Information
Our Transactions Services group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Analyst - Power and Utilities
Are you looking for an exciting career in a growing team within KPMG? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the energy market has ever seen with major players from across the energy industry? If so, then consider joining us in Power and Utilities.
We are offering a unique opportunity to gain experience of the UK power sector in a multi-functional Power & Utilities team working across a range of strategic, regulatory and transactional mandates. The successful candidate will work across multiple engagements, gaining a better understanding of how the different functions of the power market (renewables, conventional, technology and the grid) work together to keep the lights on and help the UK and other countries meet their renewable targets in a rapidly changing market.
The team work across a range of mandates in tandem, such as:
- Commercial and financial advisory on bidding strategy;
- Transaction commercial advisory;
- Market entry / exit or growth strategies; and
- Advice on the opportunities and threats of a changing regulatory environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Helping to deliver elements of Power and Utilities engagements, pitch documents and/or associated client deliverables in the Power sector by:
- Researching and analysing information to support our engagement objectives;
- Helping develop and assess strategic objectives and plans for clients (market entry exit or growth);
- Structuring and writing reports and management presentations by taking complex concepts and articulating these in a digestible format; or
- Building and/or analysing Financial Models in Microsoft Excel.
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Ensuring projects are delivered in a manner that complies with internal and regulatory procedures
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate:
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantage of the opportunities this role offers and keen to learn as much as possible about the power sector
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations and/or Microsoft Excel for financial modelling
- Skilled in financial analysis and commercially aware
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy