Service Line Information
In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Personal Debt Solutions team in Scotland provide advice and debt solutions to individuals who are struggling to manage their unsecured debts.
As a market leading debt solutions provider, our team administers a large portfolio of personal insolvency cases, including both Trust Deed and sequestration appointments. We also act as Continuing Money Adviser under the Debt Arrangement Scheme.
Due to increased case numbers, we need to recruit an administrative assistant to support our operational teams. This role will be based in our flagship office in St Vincent Plaza, Glasgow and will be full time. Hours would generally be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday however, some flexibility is possible. This role would be ideal for a recent school leaver or for someone looking for their first role in an office environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our hard working, customer focussed team within an established, successful and growing operation.
You will be exposed to a large number of cases within the personal debt solutions team and will responsible for dealing with various aspects of administration including opening the mail, sending out bulk letters and ensuring that cases are compliant with statutory regulation and internal procedures. You will be part of a team of between 4 and 6 individuals reporting directly to your team manager.
Your responsibilities within the team will be varied and you will deal with multiple aspects of case administration including:-
- Opening the mail and ensuring that it is effectively scanned and distributed to the team;
- Preparing and sending out circular letters to third parties;
- Answering calls and ensuring that queries are dealt with effectively;
- Making outbound calls to creditors to confirm outstanding balances;
- Following statutory procedures and internal guidance to ensure deadlines are met and sound compliance is achieved;
- Inputting data to our internal administration systems;
- Producing standard responses to letters and emails received from the debtor, creditors, solicitors and other interested parties;
- Maintaining documentation via the electronic document management system in accordance with the department file structure.
- In addition, you will be required to undertake administration and projects specific to personal insolvency as directed.
- be highly organised and capable of dealing with multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- have a professional and positive telephone manner;
- be able to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team;
- be IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel;
Training in relation to the systems used by the team to manage our case load and on the available and appropriate debt solutions will be provided.
Candidates must have at least 5 National 4s including Maths and English.
You may have previous experience of working in an office environment, but this is not essential.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy