· Do you have one year post qualification experience, in a busy accounting environment?
· Are you interested in working with a specialist Tax Incentives team? Whatever your reason is for wanting to look for a new job, joining our Tax Incentives Group may be the best next step for your career.
Our Tax Incentives Group are seeking to hire an Accounting Technician to join their team on a permanent basis, based in Dublin 2.
This is an accounting / tax position primarily involving the examination of detailed financial information for a busy Tax Incentives team. Client contact (both internal and external) will be required, and tasks will include the collection, exchange, reconciliation, analysis and presentation of financial information on a timely basis to a consistently high standard, and in the required format.
We ideally need you to have the following on your CV:
· A fully qualified accounting technician and a member of the Institute of Accounting Technicians
· An absolute minimum of 12 months post qualification experience, in a busy accounting environment or similar
· Demonstrable numerical skills / analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills, exceptional oral and written communications capabilities
· Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with client personnel of all levels
· Willingness to assume significant responsibility, ownership and accountability
· Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the basic taxation aspects of tax depreciation and the Research and Development tax credit (training will be provided)
· Ability to work within a team environment and be self-motivated
· Ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously
· Must have excellent MS office skills, particularly excel, power point and Word. Your work will be varied. Below will be some of your core responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include;
· Reviewing and analysing detailed financial information including trial balance, payroll, construction cost information etc.
· Preparing reconciliations in relation to construction costs and fixed asset schedules
· Working in a cross functional team environment to complete tax Incentives claims for small, medium and large companies. This will involve completing comprehensive reports
· Interacting with clients in relation to eligible expenditure
· Preparing client communications
· Planning, organising and executing engagements on time and within budget
· Successfully developing and managing client relationships
· Developing an understanding of the R&D tax credit and tax depreciation regimes
· Assisting with fees and budgets KPMG will provide the successful candidate with specialised training on the R&D tax credit and tax depreciation.
We offer more than just a career opportunity:
· Relocation assistance for those wishing to move to Ireland
· A thriving sports and social community
· An in-house award winning team of training specialists who will help you achieve your career goals. Team:
KPMG's Tax Incentives Group is comprised of two specialist teams that work side by side. We focus on R&D tax credits and Tax Depreciation (capital allowances) relief.
R&D Incentives Group is a multidisciplinary team comprised of accountants, tax professionals, engineers and technologists. It was established in 2004, is Partner led, and is Ireland's market leader in this specialist area. The R&D tax credit scheme is designed to incentivise companies based in Ireland to develop or enhance new products or processes.
Our capital allowances team - with over 19 years' experience. Our dedicated team consists of full-time chartered quantity surveyors, accounting and tax professionals, who work solely on preparing maximised and compliant tax Incentives / capital allowances claims for our clients.
Don't miss this opportunity to join our team of professionals as a consultant with our market leading Tax Incentives Group.
Hard work is rewarded at KPMG:
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At this level the package includes an extremely competitive base salary, and a KPMG flexible benefits package.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements. To learn more about diversity at KPMG, click here.
If you are interested in the above role, please submit a CV via the apply button. If you have any specific queries on the role, please contact Stephen Clerkin.
For an interactive insight into life at KPMG, make sure to follow us on social media! We can be found on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat at the following handle-
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About KPMG SA
KPMG est un groupe d’audit, de conseil et d’expertise comptable dont Michael J.Andrew est le président depuis 2011. Le groupe est présent dans 156 pays à l’aide d’un réseau de cabinet indépendant, membre de KMPG International. KPMG est né en 1986 de la fusion entre deux grands groupes, Peat Marwick International (PMI) et Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG). En 2012, le groupe a réalisé un chiffre d’affaires en 2012 de 23,03 milliards de dollars et employait près de 152 000 personnes à travers le monde, il fait aujourd’hui parti des Big Four de l’audit.
KPMG France est présent dans 217 villes françaises et compte aujourd’hui près de 70 000 clients dans différents secteurs et dont font partie de grands groupes tels que EADS, Total ou encore EDF.