Description de l'offre
Accounting Advisory Services – Assistant Manager (Aerospace & Defence)
Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Forensic - Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The growing Accounting Advisory Services team is seeking an Assistant Manager to utilise financial accounting and auditing skills to deliver value-adding solutions to clients in the Aerospace and Defence sectors.
The team predominately provides specialist accounting and financial advice, assurance and support to public sector clients operating within the A&D sector. Typical engagements delivered by the team include advising on accounting and budgetary reporting requirements, contract reviews, financial analysis, technical accounting advice under the FReM and quasi-assurance projects performing agreed upon procedures. The team also provides accounting and finance advice to private companies within the A&D sectors with a focus on support to the tendering for public sector contracts and the implications of submissions for public sector budgets.
Depending on the department’s needs and your own goals, there may also be an opportunity to work on public sector accounting advice projects in sectors outside of A&D.
The role will be based in the KPMG Bristol office.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your accounting and audit experience to produce strategic and innovative solutions for our clients. Once an established member of the AAS defence team, you will also be given the chance to contribute to the overall growth strategy of a team with a very promising future!
- Member of team delivering accounting related engagements, advising clients in the defence sector – depending on the size and nature of project, the individual may be required to manage a small team of junior staff.
- Providing robust accounting advice and financial analysis to support the client’s accounting and financial functions and responsibilities.
- Harnessing and analysing large amounts of data – some of which may be non-financial - in order to inform client decisions.
- Providing high quality input and supporting evidence of deliverables to demanding timescales.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities, and general practice development.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Qualified accountant.
- Minimum of 1 year of Financial Statement audit experience.
- Candidate must either hold, or be capable of obtaining, Security Clearance from the UK Government. Note: an individual’s nationality is not a barrier to obtaining Security Clearance, however, in order to be vetted, applicants will need to demonstrate a reasonable period of residency in UK.
- Knowledge of public sector accounting rules, procedures, and processes desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience of the defence sector desirable, but not mandatory.
- Enquiring mind.
- Willingness to travel (The team’s major clients are based in the Bristol area but travel may be required at times).
- Ability to build strong client and colleague relationships.
- Willingness to learn and to try new things.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Experience in managing large amounts of financial data (Excel format).
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy