Return to Tax
We know the corporate world can sometimes feel like you are expected to be just like everybody else – however you are an individual and we like that.
Our Tax Pensions and Legal Services practice has designed a return to work programme to target qualified Tax professionals who are looking for flexibility, allowing them to balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out from work and are now looking for opportunities to return to a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Tax will support individuals in roles that are structured around agile working arrangements, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. All the roles are based in our Tax Practice across several UK locations ( Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff) and based at KPMG offices, or, for the right person remote home based working. These roles will be within our Tax Centres of Excellence and will focus on tax compliance, at the core of our tax offering to our clients.
The key to providing agile working for our team is making sure it works for both our clients and you. To that end we’ve developed a range of working patterns to help balance your commitments. As well as the traditional part time offering, we have people that spread their work across the year with annualised contracts and people who mix office and remote working patterns.
At the heart of the programme is a structured 3 week induction programme aimed at getting you up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. You will receive ongoing support in the form of a learning allowance and a working mentor who will be assigned to you from the day you accept your offer. The development opportunities won’t end once the induction is finished. You will enter an ongoing training path with check-in points to evaluate progress against goals and determine additional training needs. After 12 months, or before if things are going well, you’ll be invited to apply for a permanent role within KPMG.
KPMG offers a range of benefits to support you and your family including; KPMG Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Accident cover, Group income protection, emergency dependent care, a BeWell confidential health support service, access to a private GP service 24 hours a day, and private medical cover*
* Private medical cover dependent on grade and length of service
Our Tax Centre of Excellence (TCoE) has challenged and modernised the way that we deliver tax compliance services, by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns. Our vision is to build a more efficient and effective service for our clients.
We are now looking for talented Tax Assistant Managers with UK corporate tax experience to join our teams.
The corporate tax team based in the TCoE is an integral part of our overall offering to clients. The roles involve working on clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
• Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
• Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required.
• Liaise with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client.
• Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Develop and maintain relationships and act as primary liaison with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Who we are looking for?
§ Candidates with ACCA/ACA/CA/CTA/ATT or equivalent qualification
§ Candidates must have experience working in Tax in the last 10 years
§ Candidates will have a passion for returning to Tax working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
Candidates will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior Tax experience and qualifications.
Our aim is to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please apply. You will be required to upload a CV when you apply for this role, however if you do not have a CV or would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team before applying, please request a call back by emailing: ukfmrtw@KPMG.co.uk
We also aim to make the interview process as streamlined as possible so as not to take up too much of your time. If you are invited to interview this will be in your nearest local office and over the course of a day you will have conversations with some of the senior members in our team. Following this, we will endeavour to provide you with feedback from these conversations and an offer, if you are successful, within maximum one week