The Public Sector is a priority growth area for KPMG and encompasses the devolved sectors of Housing, Education and Health along with central and regional government. In recent months we have made strategic decisions to re-balance our focus to the areas of highest growth and opportunity and also to ensure the quality of our work and well-being of our teams. As public sector spending moves away from central government and into the devolved sectors it is critical that we are focusing our resource in these areas and maximising KPMG profile, revenue and impact both internally and externally.
We are looking for people to be based either out of our Manchester or Leeds Office to work on a portfolio of clients which will be regionally allocated. You will be required to undertake a mix of external audit, internal audit and/ or ad hoc advisory projects.
Planning and project managing all aspects of audits and assurance engagements including:
- Risk assessment, controls and substantive testing (including the external audits of consolidations and statutory accounts and the internal audit of governance structures, systems and processes).
- Ensuring projects comply with KPMG and applicable professional standards.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Report writing for Audit Committees and management.
- Identification of ways to differentiate KPMG - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients.
Qualifications & Skills:
- ACA, ACCA, or CIPFA qualified or equivalent with good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS; IIA and others considered.
- Experience of working with or in the Public Sector.
- Internal or external audit experience is desirable.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
- Commercial focus.
- Ability to think big picture, out of the box.
- Strong technical skills.
- Accountability and decision making ability.
- Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development.
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.