Manager, Big Data Software Engineer
Manager, Big Data Software Engineer
36698 - 64
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse – KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics – has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects – covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization – and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
· Rapidly architect, design, prototype, implement and optimize architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; Guide an engineer team to develop modular code base to solve real world problems; Lead regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
· Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data)
· Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Netezza, SAP HANA, and AWS) with cloud/on premise/hybrid hosting solutions; Architect, implement, and test data processing pipelines, and data mining/data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings (AWS, Azure, client technology stacks, and KPMG's own clusters); Provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
· Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations across multiple and diverse domains; Communicate results and educate others through design and build of insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
· Develop skills in capturing business requirement and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management and client relationship development
· Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and client; Participate in developing and presenting thought leadership, and assist in ensuring that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies; Help promote the KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
· Minimum of seven years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies with a minimum of five years of relevant business experience; Ability to manage less complex engagements and should have demonstrated risk management & project management skills
· Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; PhD with minimum three years of big data experience
· Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts succinctly to non-technical colleagues, understand & manage interdependencies between all facets of a project; Ability to lead client presentations; familiarity with the end-to-end sales process; Demonstrated ability to manage the team to drive engagements to successful closure and also the ability to mentor others
· Strong ability to rapidly ingest, transform, engineer, and visualize data for both ad-hoc and product-level (e.g., automated) data & analytics solutions; Market-leading fluency in several programming languages such as Python, Scala, or Java, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; Understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk; Experience with large-scale big data methods such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm; Full-stack development capability is preferred
· Proficiency with programming methodologies such as version control, testing, QA, and development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile; Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment or .NET, with experience with source code management systems like GIT and SVN
· Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures; Familiarity with different architecture patterns of development such as Event Driven, SOA, micro services, functional programming, Lambda; Capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About KPMG SA
KPMG est un groupe d’audit, de conseil et d’expertise comptable dont Michael J.Andrew est le président depuis 2011. Le groupe est présent dans 156 pays à l’aide d’un réseau de cabinet indépendant, membre de KMPG International. KPMG est né en 1986 de la fusion entre deux grands groupes, Peat Marwick International (PMI) et Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG). En 2012, le groupe a réalisé un chiffre d’affaires en 2012 de 23,03 milliards de dollars et employait près de 152 000 personnes à travers le monde, il fait aujourd’hui parti des Big Four de l’audit.
KPMG France est présent dans 217 villes françaises et compte aujourd’hui près de 70 000 clients dans différents secteurs et dont font partie de grands groupes tels que EADS, Total ou encore EDF.