Description de l'offre
Audit Assistants Watford
Service Line Information
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The main duties, responsibilities of the job:
- Conduct external and internal financial statement audits for both public and private companies.
- Working collaboratively with the wider audit team, assisting with the delivery of client audit engagements e.g. documenting processes, testing controls.
- Leading audit engagement teams, as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Perform analysis of various accounting issues, demonstrating practical knowledge of relevant accounting standards.
- Perform financial and systems analysis to support the overall audit opinion.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of an audit engagement.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Work closely with the firm’s offshore practice and optimise capabilities that exist.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Part qualified ACA (completed the Certificate level of the ACA qualification).
- 6 Certificate level examinations passed to date and achieved a minimum of 60% average.
- Passed these Certificate level examination within a maximum of 2 attempts.
- Possess a minimum of 6 months Audit work experience with a Big 4 Audit firm.
- Experience of working with international teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with international teams and open to international travel should the business require.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
- Excellent project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and objectives.
Opening Date: 18th December 2018
Closing Date: 14th January 2019
Salary: Competitive plus negotiable benefits package
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy