Associate, Trade & Customs
43856 - 30
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join ourTrade and Customs practice.
· Provide advice to clients, in a variety of industries, on import and export matters
· Research U.S. and international import and export trade matters
· Research, write, and review international trade advice
· Formulate ideas and deliver possible trade savings opportunities
· Aid in the development and training of team members
· Assist in the delivery of multiple client engagements on time and within budget; maintain active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations and satisfaction
· A minimum of one year of import/export experience in the field of trade and customs as a customs attorney, customs broker, industry trade specialist, US Customs auditor, or import specialist, which may include experience in The Harmonized Tariff Schedule, customs federal regulations, NAFTA, entry processes, valuation, and informed compliance methods
· Bachelor's degree in international trade from an accredited college/university and/or a Certified Public Accountant, Juris Doctor or person with a Master's degree in international trade.
· Previous experience in a tax or advisory services firm, corporation, or trade law firm
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Access
· Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication/presentation skills
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.