Associate, State and Local Tax Value added Tax (VAT)
44523 - 11
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an entry-level Associate for our State and Local Tax Value-added Tax (VAT)practice. Visit our KPMG Careers site to learn more about our services.www.kpmgcampus.com/what-we-do
· Analyze the non-US indirect tax VAT/GST ramifications of various transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, global supply chains, and global expansions.
· Stay current on global VAT/GST legislative, judicial, and administrative developments
· Assist multi-national enterprises with VAT/GST issues including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
· Research and draft technical memoranda related to VAT/GST compliance issues
· Identify, document, and recommend client technological business requirements for implementing business development activities, VAT/GST compliance processes, and system improvements
· Bachelor of Accountancy or Finance, Master of Accountancy or Finance, Master of Taxation, JD degree with a Bachelor of Accountancy, and/or LLM degree with a concentration in tax from an accredited college/university
· Strong technical aptitude and tax research skills essential
· Flexible and adaptable team player; resourceful in delivering high quality work; and
· The ability to travel up to 20% within the U.S. and abroad
· Targeted graduation dates from December 2018 through Summer 2019
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.