Associate, Federal Financial Management
46341 - 19
Area of Interest:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice.
· Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting, and accounting transactions processes including controls related to Federal entities
· Review and evaluate Federal financial business processes and financial statements
· Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
· Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services
· Contribute to design, preparation, and analysis of reports and findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner
· A minimum of one year of experience in government financial management focusing on Federal financial reporting and/or auditing in accordance with Office of Management & Budget (OMB) guidance, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) standards, and Government Accountability Office (GAO) Yellow Book
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; CPA and/or CGFM/CDFM certifications preferred
· Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities; working knowledge of the USSGL preferred
· Experience analyzing financial and systems processes and controls
· U.S. citizenship required
· The ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.