Associate, Business License
43139 - 31
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join ourState and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
· Review and prioritize incoming business license renewal forms from KPMG business license compliance clients
· Analyze and determine required data points (e.g. gross receipts, employee headcount, inventory, etc) to establish a client data request
· Process data and populate the renewal forms using one or more of KPMG‘s mechanized systems
· Update and maintain data related to each business license renewal on a business license calendar housed in KPMG's proprietary business license management software
· Produce business license reports for client distribution on a periodic basis
· Perform business license research and analysis to assist KPMG business license clients with determining requirements based on jurisdiction's regulations for the business activities
· Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management information systems or a related course of study from an accredited college/university
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
· Effective oral and written communication skills to use internally, with clients and state and local agencies
· Ability to manage time in order to complete between 200-300 monthly renewals accurately and in a timely manner
· Strong skills in indirect tax information systems, including strong project management skills and the ability to analyze client business needs
· Strong technical awareness and basic knowledge of global indirect tax issues
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.