Job Title: FLT Driver / Warehouse Operative
To ensure that customer freight is loaded and unloaded in a safe, professional and in a time effective manner.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· In keeping with the accepted principles of good working practice, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties, as directed by your Manager/Supervisor. You are required to carry out the following key duties and accountabilities:
· Make correct and consistent use of the clocking machine enabling your working times to be accurately recorded.
· Ensure that trailer/vans are swept, clean, tidy and in good repair and are well presented for loading and unloading purposes.
· Take instruction from supervisors in the form of manifests processed by our internal departments.
· Ensure that every piece of freight which is being loaded or unloaded is scanned correctly to allow freight to be accurately accounted for.
· Liaise with a warehouse supervisor if any freight is found to be unsafe to move.
· Responsibly operate a counter balance fork lift truck to move, stack and rearrange freight in the warehouse.
· Store freight according to the correct racking locations and/or zones in the most effective space saving way possible.
Your skills and experience
· Counterbalance Forklift Licence and a minimum of 2 years experience operating the forklift
· Experience of using dock levellers to load and unload from a rear truck is essential
· Working at all times to enable and develop a team culture.
· Working towards and supporting Company goals, values and objectives.
· Completing any reasonable task requested of you by your supervisor/manager in a timely manner.
· When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained.
· To understand and adhere to the health and safety regulations at all times to ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues.
With more than 79,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>