What we're looking for
Someone to ensure that products are processed and handled correctly throughout the warehouse using MHE, manual handling and the warehouse management system to achieve customer requirements efficiently, accurately and safely.
What you'll do
· To sign in and out at the site security at the gatehouse, to obtain and wear Company issue PPE/uniform, to meet with site Health & Safety requirements and share general “housekeeping” responsibilities
· Comply with process and procedure and all instructed Safe Working Practices including the reporting of all accidents and incidents within the workplace, to follow the Site Fire Evacuation procedure, adopt KN Compass
· Principles and Behaviours, to not obstruct any of the walkways on site, to not misuse any item issued or supplied with regards to Health & Safety
· When using any company plant machinery or equipment, to only use them for the purpose for which they were designed and only when trained and authorised to do so, to report any spillages/damages as and when they occur, if a smoker to only smoke in the designated smoking area (at break times or in agreement with your line manager), located by the walkway to the right of the entrance gate.
· To attend team briefings for new or updated information/practices/procedures, the immediate reporting of any defective equipment to your line manager, to follow the sickness & absence reporting process, to off load products from Primary/Dray vehicles as instructed in the Safe Working Practices
· To pick accurately and rotate stock to expected company standards, to load dray vehicles ready for delivery by dray crews as instructed in the Safe Working Practices and to expected company standard. to load primary vehicles to expected company standard.
· To follow the correct procedures when handling product as in the Kinetic Manual Handling training, to identify problems, which may occur when booking in stock and take the appropriate action
· Ensure correct number of consignments is accurately recorded on paperwork
· To undergo training in order to be able to provide “cover” for work in other departments
What you'll bring
· A basic standard of literacy and numeracy
· Understanding of warehouse practises e.g. picking, loading
· PC literate
· Ability to work to agreed targets and KPI's
· Personal Drive – self-motivated, target driven, reliable and flexible
· Teamwork – communication skills
· Managing (Personal) Performance – accuracy, attention to detail
What you'll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards scheme - discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com?
Vacancy Number: GB08837
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>