Are you an experienced Transport Planner? If so, we have an exciting new opportunity for you. Based in our Logistics Control Centre, we are looking for 2 x Transport Planners to join our established and friendly team.
Our Transport Planners are responsible for executing first class services such as transport management, requests and deviation management according to our joint and contractual customer agreements.
· Coordinate transport services for customer orders, using Oracle Transport Management system.
· Schedule and create cost effective transport plans, making optimum use of own fleet of vehicles versus sub-contractor haulage.
· Agree with logistics service providers to ensure on-time pick-up and delivery service in full.
· Select transport modes, logistics service providers, considering the agreed selection parameters.
· Manage ad-hoc transport requests and adjustments.
· Organise special transport requests.
· Manage drivers’ daily schedules to maximise productivity and ensure costs are controlled.
· Be the first line of support to drivers’ queries
Your Skills and Experiences
· Transport/planning knowledge and experience desirable / advantageous as is experience of Transport Management Systems.
· Good proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
· Flexible working approach – we might need you to help cover or support with shifts
· Ability to understand and execute new processes - confidence in working with accounts and figures would be advantageous
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and over the phone - a strong customer service focus is essential to us.
· Able to use own initiative and work unsupervised as well as within the wider team.
· Undergo security vetting in accordance with government policies.
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We offer a competitive salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service), life assurance and private medical insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.","datePosted":"2019-11-19T00:00:00.000Z