Job Title: Transport Clerk
Vacancy Number: GB08880
What we're looking for
Reporting to the Primary Transport Team Managers the purpose of the role is to support the transport team by excellent standards of de-briefing, accurately completing tasks, updating systems to keep track of deliveries and liaising with customer contact centres both within KNDL and our customer base.
What you'll do
· Assist the team, ensuring compliance within current legislation, e.g. drivers hours, WTD, tachograph legislation, vehicle maintenance scheduling
· Liaising between drivers and hauliers and agencies as required
· Completing debriefs accurately to ensure all data entries are complete and input into the relevant systems/passed to relevant departments
· Working alongside the customer on site, working with a schedule to ensure loads go out on time and in full meeting all KPI targets
· Ensuring that driver debriefing, checking of the standards against actual performance, escalating any problems to Team managers
· Manage proof of delivery notes ensuring these are returned in suitable times for invoicing
What you'll bring
· Experience within a transport office environment or similar. Some knowledge of UK town / city locations is useful
· Good knowledge of transport and logistics (Basic knowledge of driver's hours, WTD)
· High standard of computer literacy (common office applications such as Excel, Word)
· Knowledge of transport related systems (some exposure to planning/scheduling software such as
· Good customer facing
What you'll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards scheme - discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com?
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>