Each internship will present a unique opportunity for the intern to learn the field of Supply Chain/Logistics with hands-on work experience. The knowledge obtained by the intern through immersing themselves into the day to day activities of the company will be invaluable experience as the intern advances their career.
Your RoleEach internship will present a unique opportunity for the intern to learn the field of Supply Chain/Logistics with hands-on work experience.
Your Responsibilities• Ensure all areas of finance (vendor invoices, clearing invoices, FSL) are handed/maintained to a 1st class standard and all queries are addressed and resolved as soon as possible
• Coordination with shippers, truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of shipments
• The complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
• communicate with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer's needs.
• Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
• Ensure all filing, both physical and electronic, is done regularly, tidily and accurately
Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP's.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your supervisor/manager
Your Skills and Experiences-Proficient with MS Office, Excel, and have the ability to quickly learn other company specific programs.
-Must possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.