Seafreight Import Operator
Responsible for daily import FCL operation in Seafreight FCL Department. We aim to find the right solution for our customers and to provide high quality services and meet customer requirements, regardless of the size their business. Working in a busy operational department you will take ownership of files from start to finish. Providing excellent customer service on a daily basis to meet and exceed requirements from an operational perspective.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Customer contact, rapid and correct answering of customer requirements.
· Coordinatization and handling of import sea freight shipments in collaboration with sales/pricing team, overseas offices, transport department and directly with the customer.
· Handling of the import sea freight shipment from the moment of booking until invoicing.
· Complete all tasks in KN systems on a daily basis, Maintenance of timeless data (status); compliment with data quality of company requirements.
· Monitoring and updating of shipment status.
· Communicate effectively and proactively with customers, teams, offices, and subcontractors.
· Follow - up customer standard operating procedure and meet key performance indicators as required.
· Ensure correct cost and profit share from KN login, trade team, and origin offices in order to provide correct and timely billing.
· Complete cost accrual and keep the correct status of the shipment in the system.
· File closing in accordance with KN guidelines and review to ensure all the above processes are in line.
Your skills and experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Experience in a Seafreight import operational processes & sea freight pricing rates, an In-depth knowledge of Import procedures is mandatory.
· Ability to be very profit conscious
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Flexible approach to working hours
· Excellent communication skills
· Good analytical skills with attention to detail
· Good problem solving and negotiation skills
· Good command of written and spoken English
Good reasons to join
We are committed to delivering high-quality solutions to our customers and are proud to be a strong leader in the logistics industry. We offer opportunities where you can grow your expertise, shape/optimize processes and apply/create innovative solution concepts. Join our team and provide successful impulses within the Kuehne + Nagel organization.
Do you have any question?
Please note that CV's only submitted through the KN Careers platform will be considered.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight , airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req36874