Seafreight Export Operator
The Candidate will be responsible from daily operations in Seafreight Department. We aim to find right solutions for our customers to provide high quality services and meet their requirements. Working in a busy operational department you will take ownership of files from start to end. Providing excellent customer service on a daily basis to meet and exceed requirements from operational perspective.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Co-ordinate with KN destination office and customer for order follow up
· Proactive response to service issues
· Prepare files and complete all tasks in KN systems on a daily basis
· Monitoring and updating of shipment status
· Communicate effectively and proactively with customers, teams, offices and subcontractors
· Follow up customer standard operating procedure and meet key performance indicators as required
· Produce correct and timely billing and ensure correct cost and profit share from sub-contractors ,carrier and origin offices.
· Complete cost accrual and keep correct status of the shipment in the system
· File closing in accordance with KN guidelines and review to ensure all the above processes are in line
Your skills and experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Experience in a sea freight department of forwarders, an In-depth knowledge of export procedures is mandatory
· Ability to be very profit conscious
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Flexible approach to working hours
· Excellent communication skills
· Good analytical skills with attention to detail
· Good problem solving and negotiation skills
· Good command of written and spoken English
Good reasons to join
We are committed to delivering high-quality solutions to our customers and are proud to be a strong leader in the logistics industry. We offer opportunities where you can grow your expertise, shape/optimize processes and apply/create innovative solution concepts. Join our team and provide successful impulses within the Kuehne + Nagel organization.
Do you have any question?
Please note that CV's only submitted through the KN Careers platform will be considered.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight , airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req36773